new owner

vr4

Established Member
just picked up an 03 with 9400 miles. currently has kooks long tubes, MAC (i dont like it) catted X, and a magnaflow catback.

edit: i was wrong its got JDM long tubes. are these the same as kooks?

first thing i need to do is pull out the cats. they are shot. in a couple weeks i hope to order a pulley, iders, CAI and a tuner.

im coming out of a 91 3000gt VR4 that was making around 350ish AWHP. this car just has a different feel as for being fast.

love the cobra but i have a little work i need to do. steering rack is leaking bad. 1st and 2nd synchros are completly shot. ill be ordering a new rack today and have to figure out what i want to do with the trans.

Last edited:

vr4

Established Member
got a VIN?

warranty expired in feb......though i am a tech for a ford dealer

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
steering rack leak and bad synchros and only 9400 miles? scheez I hope you got a good price on it.

vr4

Established Member
the price was in the teens.

i also got my mark viii (95 with 23k miles) for 3k

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
vr4 said:
the price was in the teens.
Wow! Nice deal! Welcome to the Terminator world. You're going to have a blast with your Cobra! Just keep a tight grip on your pocketbook. There are far too many goodies for this car. LOL!

vr4

Established Member
LOL i know its easy to blow money

i currently have about 18 grand worth of stuff sitting here for my 3000gt that was rearended a few months ago. now it may be even harder for find another vr4 to put these parts on. ill be too busy enjoying the cobra

vr4

Established Member
pics as requested :D

cobrahomegh0.jpg

cobrabeachwx1.jpg

cobrabeach2cv7.jpg

cobraiao3wr0.jpg

cobraiaoql8.jpg

cobraiao2ba8.jpg

engineme7.jpg

Orange Poison

Established Member
Wow...and a convertible to boot. Damn, you got a good deal. How did you manage to squeeze that deal with only 9k? Good going, either way :coolman:

vr4

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Wow...and a convertible to boot. Damn, you got a good deal. How did you manage to squeeze that deal with only 9k? Good going, either way :coolman:

needs a steering rack (it will be here tomorrow) and a trans (1st and 2nd synchros are completly shot.)

oddly enough the tires are original...the DOT codes match the 1s listed from ford when the car was sold. the clutch also still grabs real strong.

honestly i would prefer a hardtop. i had an s2000 for a while and miss the stiffness.

Users who are viewing this thread