So here's the stats:
Reaction: .0158
60 Ft: 1.6141
330 ft: 4.7321
1/8 et: 7.3191
1/8 mph: 96.39
1/4 Et: 11.3123
1/4 mph: 123.97

This is on an 04 Cobra with MT ET streets (bias ply) and M&H skinnys. My mods are in my signature. I also have a WOT BOX, but I am only using it for the 2-Step.

The launch was spot on at 3800 rpm off the two step. The 1/2 shift was a tad sloppy, but all others were spot on (granny shifting). I feel like the car has more in it, but I am at a loss for how to go faster. The car made 595 hp and 526 lbs/tq on a very safe tune. I am in a friendly competetion with a ported eaton guy, and he is staying neck and neck. He is running an SRA, killer chiller, ported eaton, and shifts like a man.... He has run a best of 11.37 @ 126. How is he keeping pace with me? I'm not a bad driver, is he just that much better?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Congrats on the personal best. Anytime you can get one is a good thing! Your MPH is both the 18th and 1/4 is not consistent with a near 600 RWHP car. The 2.4's can run real hot. Did you hot lap and/or do you have sufficient cooling mods to keep that sucker cool? Sixty foot time is certainly respectable. Looks like you just need to get to the track a bit and just work on shift points and shifting.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I cooled the car down for an hour before I made my pass, running ice water through the intercooler 20 minutes prior to the run. The KB was still pretty hot. IAT2's were at about 110-112. I think it may be time for a better tune....

stang910

Established Member
I've got a good idea why your not running with all the other twinscrew cobra's. Next time I see ya I'll fill you in.

mustang john

Established Member
Seat time is key and granny shifting isnt going to cut it if you want quicker ETs. You dont have to powershift (I dont) to get a good ET a quick speedshift will get you what you want just gotta practice. Also your MPH in the 1/8 and 1/4 is low for a almost 600rwhp car as IronTerp said, i trap 99 in the 1/8 and 127 in the 1/4 and im around 70 hp south of you.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Would my clutch possibly going bad have that great of an effect on the car? It shifts normally, I never smell clutch, but I am assuming the stock (I think) clutch may still be in it....

mustang john

Established Member
Could be a clutch especially if your still on the stocker. A good test is a 4th gear pull on the highway and see if the RPMs jump up without the MPH coming up as much as the RPMs.

Any vids of the car running at the track? That always helps to get a better idea of whats going on.

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
Did you run in civil wars at Rockingham? I'm not trying to hurt any feelings but last Nov. at Rockingham I ran 11.33@122, with a 1.66-60ft, and I'm an upper only. You just need some more seat time!

Users who are viewing this thread