New PB with 93 octane!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I've been chasing a 9 second pass on 93 octane now for a couple months. The air was really good tonight and I was almost sure I'd see a single digit pass tonight. Well, it wasn't to be, but I did manage a 10.002 at 142.23. My race partners tried every way possible to get me to remove the passenger seat but I wouldn't. If it's not full weight, I'm not really interested in the goal. Race weight with me in the car is 3970lbs plus a 9mm, a jack handle I left in the trunk by accident, 2 partially eaten Happy Meals and some more random junk LOL. We've got 2 more Test and Tunes before the track closes for the year so I'm gonna keep at it. I think a friend got a vid of the run tonight and as soon as he get it downloaded, I'll post it up.

Picture003.jpg

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Didn't this bad bitch put down 930-950rwhp on 93 ?

Man, I wish. It was just under 800 on 93 and 910 on VP MS109. I swear the car runs just as good on the 93 octane. The trap speeds in the 1/8th is the biggest difference. Best on 93 is 111.xx and on 109 is 114xx. Dang thing just hooks much better with the pump gas tune.

Example
Shootout4.jpg

Blue Diamond

Established Member
Man, I wish. It was just under 800 on 93 and 910 on VP MS109. I swear the car runs just as good on the 93 octane. The trap speeds in the 1/8th is the biggest difference. Best on 93 is 111.xx and on 109 is 114xx. Dang thing just hooks much better with the pump gas tune.

Example
Shootout4.jpg

Congrats Buddy ,must be the plugs,LOL

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
^^^ LOL. Thanks Don. Yea, I owe you big for that set of plugs at Bowling Green brother.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thank ya men. I have only the typical suspention mods.

upper and lower control arms (Heim Jointed)
Panhard bar (Heim Jointed)
FRPP Springs
QA1 Single adjustables (Rear only)

The One thing I will change this year is the shocks. I love the QA1's but I need to change the rebound sepearately. When I set it where it works the best, the rebound is CRAZY and you really have to drive it on the 1-2 shift. When I put it where the rebound works, it blows the tires every time.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Jammye! That's a hechuva job with a 93 octane tune. But that tune is still putting out some serious power with a 142+ MPH! Shame you couldn't of gotten that 3/1000's of a second for another 9 second pass. That's about 2 inches......

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
HAHA, thanks Dwight and yea, I still cringe a little when I look at the slip. If I could have adjusted my rebound separately, I'd have got it. It bucks pretty hard when the comp is set where it hooks. I'll have double adj next year.

Should have the vid up shortly!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I've been looking at the shocks all morning lol. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Got the vid of the rodeo lol. Watch the right hand exhaust pipe real close on the 1-2 shift.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkK5HoUQbQY"]Quade 10.00 - YouTube[/nomedia]

CPRsm

That little bit of drag cost you a slip !!!!! Go back without mufflers lol. I just keep coming back to live vicariously through you and your shit. Nice job again man

Users who are viewing this thread