New thread for 335 Kuhmos + more pics!

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I didnt have time to clean it up so excuse the dirtiness of it but here they are. Just brought it home from the exhaust shop where he moved some piping around to fit these monsters. I also had to beat the inner fender ALOT to get them to stop rubbing also :banana: These tires also hook VERY well. I tried to dump the clutch at rpms that I could roast the 315 nittos with (cold) and they hooked and went! The 1-2 shift hooked like crazy too with a hard shift. :rockon:
rims023.jpg

rims022.jpg

rims021.jpg

rims020.jpg

rims009-1.jpg

rims013.jpg

rims008-1.jpg

rims006-1.jpg

rims005-1.jpg

rims001-1.jpg

rims002-1.jpg

rims003-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Jebus!!! Thats a lot of meat outback but it does look pretty menacing...now put some 275s in front and you'll be good to go!

uofipilot

Established Member
Looks awesome. It also confirms my hunch that I will NOT be putting 245s on my new 9 inch wheels.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
looks good except they have too much air in them. Let out a few lbs. you can tell because the outside of both rears are untouched. You want to flatten out the tire a little bit to get the biggest contact patch. Right now your cheating yourself about an inch.

Otherwise those look really good! and Dumps FTW. save yourself some weight and make the rear end of your car look even wider.

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
massive dude, i like it. Do you have any photos of what you had to do to make these fit (hammer the fender and whatnot?)

Dump the exhaust, lower the tire pressure, and get some wider tires up from and you are good to go.

So these hook much better then the nittos? How about wet traction?

Sick ride

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Agreed. You either need larger tails or dumps. Yours tails now look smaller than stock, are they Flowmaster 2.5"?
Yeh just a 2.5" catback

what is that a 10.5 rim
Yessir

how tall is that tyre?
Khumo says 26.6. I have yet to measure the height.

dam rgose things look good. i thought my dam bfgs were wide..
Thanks!

So, how much clearance do you have in the back?
Haha little to none. If i pull into parking lots and its a fairly large hump it still rubs a little. I just need to figure out where and massage it some more.
I'm not familiar with these. are they a DR or a regular summer hp tire?
Just a summer hp tire. I needed something that would last decent.

looks good except they have too much air in them. Let out a few lbs. you can tell because the outside of both rears are untouched. You want to flatten out the tire a little bit to get the biggest contact patch. Right now your cheating yourself about an inch.

Otherwise those look really good! and Dumps FTW. save yourself some weight and make the rear end of your car look even wider.
Ill do that tomorrow. Discount tire put the air in and I havent checked it.

massive dude, i like it. Do you have any photos of what you had to do to make these fit (hammer the fender and whatnot?)

Dump the exhaust, lower the tire pressure, and get some wider tires up from and you are good to go.

So these hook much better then the nittos? How about wet traction?

Sick ride

Ill get some pics tomorrow of what I had to do. As far as traction Ive only tried them out once. From about a 10mph roll I just pushed in the clutch and dropped it (didnt look at rpms) and it hooked and it hooked in 2nd also. Im sure from a stop they wont hook as well as sticky nittos though. I havent driven in the rain either. Ive got about 25 mi of dry weather on them.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I just put on some Kumho XS 315s on a 10" wheel and they are freakin huge. Check out the comparison to my 285 Nitto 555RII's. Such a sick looking tire and hooks a bit better than the Nittos did.

IMG00085-20090424-1513.jpg

IMG00087-20090424-1912.jpg

IMG00086-20090424-1912.jpg

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I'm not sure how you guys are pulling it off. I had 315s on a 18x10.5" rim and pounded the crap out of the inner fender and rolled the fender lip and it would cut into the sidewall when I would turn while going up hills.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I'm not sure how you guys are pulling it off. I had 315s on a 18x10.5" rim and pounded the crap out of the inner fender and rolled the fender lip and it would cut into the sidewall when I would turn while going up hills.

Maybe yours is alot lower than mine? I want to slam front and rear but Im def going to roll the fenders first. Mine is still rubbing a little turning up hill so im going to work on it some more to make it stop. Its only rubbing on the inside though.

Users who are viewing this thread