new to lightnings

nastyl

Established Member
hey guys i wandering if this 01 lightning i can get is a good deal, 01 165k, needs 2 cylinder fixed and the drivers seat needs a new cloth nothing else wrong with it, is it worth $5,500 or should i try getting it cheaper??

ijt351

Established Member
what do you mean it needs 2 cylinders fixed, is it a bad engine? Seats will cost you a couple hundred easy, but they are suppose to be leather, not cloth. I have a Perfect 2000 lightning with only 77k miles new tires and brakes, all maintenance for only 10,500
newer headlights and 3.73 gears.

nastyl

Established Member
its my fathers friends, he told him 2 cylinders went out itll cost 2 to 3 grand to fix. and 5k is the most i have for now, kinda looking for a lil project with mild mods,

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Move on to another truck. These trucks can be costly to fix and there may be more underlying issues. There are several out there that run great for a great price with much lower miles...

nastyl

Established Member
alright thanks for the info guys, i was looking to do a build down the road six months thats why i wanted a cheap truck for now. if i can get it for cheaper is it worth it??

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
Two cylinders down is never a good thing. You wont know how bad the damage is till you take it apart.

If you can do it yourself and are a good mechanic then maybe.

If you plan on having a shop do the work reconsider.

Users who are viewing this thread