Next Mods ?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I finally managed to get in the 6's(1/8th) tonight... [email protected] with a 1.57 60.

What should be my next step?

Current mods are:

Roush TVS kit with 82mm pulley,and VMP 93 tune
Bassani cat back
Racestar big and littles(26x 10 M/T slicks)
Roush lowering springs in the rear

Stock converter,stock gearing (3.15)

Car is an auto premium car.

This car is my wifes car,so no 4.10 gears or high stalls...

Suspension parts? smaller pullies and BAP/injectors?
I have had some of you tell me i need taller tires..

Thanks for the input!:beer:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I'd go suspension, depends how you far you want to go. At least Upper Control arm/Lower control arms and relocation brackets.

In the spring when my company bonus comes in I'll also be getting shocks/struts/springs at the same time.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Forgive my ignorance,but what are relocation brackets,and what are thier purpose?

whatwhine

Established Member
Relo brackets are used to keep the correct geometry when u lower a
New Stang. They bolt to the lower control arms at the axle. Otherwise the pinion angle will b off.....

IIRC

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you still have cats? You should pickup 15-30rwhp with the blower by ditching the cats.

x2

longtubes with an off road or catted mid pipe would be your next move. My car picked up 25-30wtq in the 2000-4000rpm which would really help a stock gear and converter car get off the line even faster.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
being that it's your wifes car i don't think she would want it real loud, so i would just do an o/r x-pipe like from Lethal and use the stock mufflers. it's enough to flow better and add power with the blower and still be quiet. if she doesn't mind a little loud then add gt500 a/b.
and the only other thing would be a Circle d converter. i know with the TVS the car makes plenty of torque but the converter is nicer, stronger, and will hold lock up better. i wouldn't go over 3200 stall speed.
as far as the gears, leave them alone, these auto cars have gone very fast on stock ones. if you go any steper the car may not hook as well on the tires you are using and you may have to step up to a 28" tire then you will have defeated the purpose.
now all this is my opinion and is what i would do if i had them money to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread