NHRA Edition T/A goes down!

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Got me one of my first LS1 kills today, it wasn't by much but a kill is a kill.....First I spotted this T/A pulling out of a parking lot into my lane....well as I went past him I threw him a rev......He must not have like that to much because for the next three lights he keeps trying to get up next to me.....well finally after zig-zaging through traffic to the front of the pack we hit a red light....I look over, see him smiling and talking to the girl in his passenger seat...from my limited lip reading skills I managed to see he said, "Watch me smoke this Z/28"....Well I just couldn't let that happen could I???:D

Light turns green, we both take off slow....trying not to spin...through first we are dead even....by this time I'm like holy cow, I'm still hanging with a LS1....drop her in 2nd, the tires barked....we are still neck to neck....nobody is gaining anything.....Grab third really hard and started to pull, just a tiny bit.....by the time I had topped out third and shut down I had him by about 1/2 of a front fender.......I was in awe, we both gave each other a thumbs up and he turned off......I did notice he had a A4, and he did have a passenger and I didn't but, i was still amazed the MIGHTY LT1 had actually hung with a new T/A...It was definately the highlight of my week!!:beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread