Nice 1993 Mustang Cobra sold for $68K.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That is a normal price for a low mileage street 93 Cobra. Honestly, I don't get it. They built a lot of them. But hey, that is nostalgia for that generation buying their high school dream car. History repeats itself.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Tom and Bill,
It seems correct to me. It's a nice car with 107 made?

None of us own cars as investments, We own them as our hobbies.

Just recently, the old 2005 Ford GT has exploded in value. I say they did well. I did bid on one at half the price today. I missed it by $10K.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Tom and Bill,
It seems correct to me. It's a nice car with 107 made?

None of us own cars as investments, We own them as our hobbies.

Just recently, the old 2005 Ford GT has exploded in value. I say they did well. I did bid on one at half the price today. I missed it by $10K.
I've never purchased any of my cars with investment in mind. I've bought them as the toy(s) they are/were and because I wanted them, and could afford them at the time.

As for the 2004/2005 Ford GT's, yes, that is one of those should have, could have cars I thought I could buy a few years down the road and not take the initial depreciation.....After driving several for various friends, I'm actually thankful I didn't buy one, as they would have been an expensive track toy vs the track toys I bought instead.

Bill S.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never purchased any of my cars with investment in mind. I've bought them as the toy(s) they are/were and because I wanted them, and could afford them at the time.
Bill,
I think we all agree here. It's a hobby and nothing else, but I have had a great time in my car hobby. I asked you about a replica Shelby Cobra several years ago. You gave me great advice.

Tom,
You have given me free advice as well. Many thanks.

P/S I am way underwater on all car "investments". I may need a lifeboat.
If I add the pleasure and good times, I am a lucky guy. I plan to have many more great experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread