Nitrous and a 1.5 KB

sighwest

Established Member
So, heavy thinking about adding nitrous to my little KB. Seems the cooling effect would help keep the temps down, add a little hp, etc. Yeah, its been talked about on the forum, but who has actually done it??

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
i have it... just havent spayed it yet... i hope to see at least a 65-75hp incres withh my 50shot. if i were you ill spray a 125 shot

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
you'll spin all the way down the track like ^this^ guy lol. i'm so close to jumping on the nitrous wagon though.

sighwest

Established Member
You have an engine bay pics? I went with a Zex kit before I put the KB on and had the hardest time finding a place for the box. Now that the strut tower brace is gone, it may not be so bad. I really liked the Zex kit.
It's tempting...very tempting!

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
you'll spin all the way down the track like ^this^ guy lol. i'm so close to jumping on the nitrous wagon though.

thats cuz the track was not preped and it rained earlyer that day.. and i did not spray i was only at 5lbs
nitrous is the shit.. iv thought so many time of taking the pos kb off and droping in a 150shot. to me boost is for only motors that are fully built butttttttttt theres nothing better then having the power all the time not having to fill or open a bottal

You have an engine bay pics? I went with a Zex kit before I put the KB on and had the hardest time finding a place for the box. Now that the strut tower brace is gone, it may not be so bad. I really liked the Zex kit.
It's tempting...very tempting!

yes i have some pics but i have a nos kit i bought used for 180 dollars:rockon:
IMHO i dont like zex kits.. all that computer shit there... ill post some picks up

Last edited:

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
heres a pic
i know i does not look good but i was still not done with it
looks alot better now trust me lol

2nbhjj5.jpg

mx0eo5.jpg

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm just messing with you man. you know your car, even spinning, would pass right by mine. you'll be happy to know that i'm seriously looking into a 50 shot. the shop that i get all my work done at is really against it though and i don't know why. they said something about how our cobra's are set up that it's not good for them. i don't know anything about "the juice" though so i'm lost.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
i'm just messing with you man. you know your car, even spinning, would pass right by mine. you'll be happy to know that i'm seriously looking into a 50 shot. the shop that i get all my work done at is really against it though and i don't know why. they said something about how our cobra's are set up that it's not good for them. i don't know anything about "the juice" though so i'm lost.

Is it a reputable shop? It just doesn't sound right. A 50 shot is fine on your car (75 should be the minimum), and will be safe. Good luck with the kit if you end up getting it.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
it's default. it's hard to get a straight answer out of them sometimes but they have a great reputation. i'm not good with motors so maybe i'm confusing myself but i want to get one installed soon. can i just get my car tuned and then put the nitrous or do i need to tune it with it installed? i think i need to make a new thread, sorry op.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
it's default. it's hard to get a straight answer out of them sometimes but they have a great reputation. i'm not good with motors so maybe i'm confusing myself but i want to get one installed soon. can i just get my car tuned and then put the nitrous or do i need to tune it with it installed? i think i need to make a new thread, sorry op.

Tune it for nitrous. And you can run a 100 shot if you wanted. There are members on this forum running 150 shots without issue. Just make sure you get all the necessary supporting hardware to go with it ie, window switch, bottle heater, etc.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
thats cuz the track was not preped and it rained earlyer that day.. and i did not spray i was only at 5lbs
nitrous is the shit.. iv thought so many time of taking the pos kb off and droping in a 150shot. to me boost is for only motors that are fully built butttttttttt theres nothing better then having the power all the time not having to fill or open a bottal

yes i have some pics but i have a nos kit i bought used for 180 dollars:rockon:
IMHO i dont like zex kits.. all that computer shit there... ill post some picks up

What?! You can run 8-10# safely with these motors. With that same thinking you could say the same about nitrous! Spraying nitrous works on the same principle as adding boost to a motor.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
What?! You can run 8-10# safely with these motors. With that same thinking you could say the same about nitrous! Spraying nitrous works on the same principle as adding boost to a motor.

+1 although I was a little confused on the initial statement.:lol1:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm really not planning on spraying it often at all. would tuning it for nitrous and then never hardly using it affect the way the car performs?

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
i'm really not planning on spraying it often at all. would tuning it for nitrous and then never hardly using it affect the way the car performs?

For you, I would install the nitrous kit after you get your car tuned. Unless you want to pay for 2 tunes one with nitrous and one without.

I had my car tuned for all my boltons before I planned on putting my nitrous on. My tuner recommended me not to use a nitrous kit. He mentioned everything bad about them, and in the end he said "if you want me to install one I'll install a dry kit cause their safer". I walked away and installed a wet kit myself, and put in colder plugs. A couple of months later I put in a window switch and all is good.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everyone has their own agenda. I think my tuner was trying to sale me on a bower that I didn't want. Good luck man.

Al

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm even playing with the idea of going for some nitrous as well. 75 shot for me. Stock shortblock and I'll already be pushing 350-370ish before spray..I'll just want enough to satisfy the need for more speed until my new motor :]

but the spray won't come now... not until summer time or so.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
my car has 130,000 miles on it. i don't want to beat on it too bad. it does still run strong though. the guy from the shop did say that forging my motor and a supercharger should be the next step but i don't need to go that fast that often. i thought a wet kit was safer though.

lxfiveo

Established Member
I ran it on my 2200 before going the turbo route. 50 shot added 75 to the rear wheels through the blower, so get out of the mindset that more is better when running the two together. Also blew my motor up to with it, but that's because it wasn't that well built in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread