Nitto NT05 Max Performance Summer Tire

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
Great! We need all the reviews we can get. So far I have only sold rear fitments. Who's going to step up and run a set on all four corners?

I got a set coming.

Two 245/40/18
and Two 275/35/18

Got them thru a buddy at discount tire. Will be here next saturday. :rockon:

Oh ya, i ate my KDW2s up in about 8 months, do you think these nt05s will last longer?

Car is mostly used for dd but is takin to the track every couple months for the road course.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I got a set coming.

Two 245/40/18
and Two 275/35/18

Got them thru a buddy at discount tire. Will be here next saturday. :rockon:

Oh ya, i ate my KDW2s up in about 8 months, do you think these nt05s will last longer?

Car is mostly used for dd but is takin to the track every couple months for the road course.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see your feedback. The NT05 is a softer rubber so IMO, you won't see any increase in life.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Which will hook better on the street (500+ RWHP) Nitto 555R Drag Radial, NT05 or NT 555RII?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Which will hook better on the street (500+ RWHP) Nitto 555R Drag Radial, NT05 or NT 555RII?

Off the line, the NT555R DR will hook better. This model is designed for maximum launch and straight line traction. It is not designed to corner like the NT05 and NT555RII. Keep in mind, the NT555RII and the NT555R DR are DOT approved competition tires. The NT05 is a max performance summer tire. DOT approved competition tires use R compound rubber so they are stickier but do not offer a great life span.

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
No worries. have you decided on what you are going to run?

I know I'm running the 305s out back and will probably run the 275/35/18s up front. I hope I can see a few 18x9s with that size tire on the front to confirm my thoughts before I have to pull the trigger.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know I'm running the 305s out back and will probably run the 275/35/18s up front. I hope I can see a few 18x9s with that size tire on the front to confirm my thoughts before I have to pull the trigger.

What are you waiting to confirm and which model are you going to run?

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Just got the tires in, I'm going out of town for about 10 days but I'll update you when I get back and try them out. They look sweet by the way.

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
nt05s got put on today :rockon:

DSC_4507.jpg

DSC_4506.jpg

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How much for the C6 Z06 sizes shipped to 97322? 335/30/19's and 275/35/18's

Here you go :thumbsup:
NT05
Shipping and sales tax is still free for OR. residents. I noticed you're somewhat near Salem. You should check with the local America's Tire and see if they will match our price. If not, I can have a set shipped out. We have good stock on the front size and will be receiving a factory PO later this week with the rear size.

nt05s got put on today :rockon:

Looks sweet cl0wnd0wn :rockon: What are your initial thoughts?

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
Well with the 245 up front instead of the 275, they dont track on the freeway as much

I have not been able to test them on dry road yet but i have been testing them the past couple days in the rain and they dont do to bad. Not the best for large bodys of water on the freeway but then again not the worst.

I like these way better than my BFG KDW 2s

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well with the 245 up front instead of the 275, they dont track on the freeway as much

I have not been able to test them on dry road yet but i have been testing them the past couple days in the rain and they dont do to bad. Not the best for large bodys of water on the freeway but then again not the worst.

I like these way better than my BFG KDW 2s

Right on, please keep us posted once you get a chance to see what these tires can do in dry conditions :thumbsup:

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
I'm happy with the dry traction so far and they look badass. We've had a couple 80 degree days and the tires hold second gear really good when they are warm. 1st gear still requires a bit of restraint with throttle application but still good for a non DR tire. No rain here yet so I'll have to keep you posted on that. ( 480 RWHP and 490 RWTQ)

Users who are viewing this thread