Nitto NT05 vs Falken Azenis RT615

Jefe

Established Member
I was at 7500 miles before 3 nails found the right rear. A little but more worn than those. Discounts road hazard wouldn't cover it due to low tread so I got the Azenis

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i know it's not a high hp car, much less one with torque, but on my rx-8 that i drove all fall through several "spirited" corner carving expeditions on back roads, i put about 5K miles on them with aggressive alignment settings and very aggressive suspension set up. front sway bar to full stiff, rear sway bar to mid adjustment, running 2.8* negative camber front and 2.3* negative camber rear with no camber wear issues visible to the eye what so ever, and i'm not even 1/2 way through these tires yet. i haven't driven the car in about 2 months with crazy ass weather we've had here. The one night i really got caught in any kind of rain the only problem i had was going about 20-25 around approximately a 80* corner. the front tires grabbed great stayed right on path, but the rears let loose immediately. now, in that instance it's more likely due to the fact that this certain road hasn't been re-paved in God knows how long and there are essentially ruts where everyone drives down the lanes in the same place (a dip where each side of tires runs down the road) which has worn down all of the asphault basically leaving just the tar with water on it and the fact that my suspension and alignment settings are so aggressive on that car for it's handling capabilities.

like i said, i know it's not a cobra, or even another high hp car but that is the experience i've had with them. So other than than 3 second span of squirreliness in 5K miles of use i've had nothing but 100% positive experiences with these tires, and the handling and braking improvement with these are monumentally better than the stock Bridgestone RE050A's that came on the car.

Jroc

Established Member
Jroc. Do you have a picture of your car from the rear to see how wide the 315 Falkens are?

muww7b.jpg

nq5w1v.jpg

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
Ok, So i FINALLY got my Azenis 315/30/18's mounted today, Here are some shitty pics with the iPhone... will post more over the weekend.

IMG_0375.gif

IMG_0376.gif

IMG_0378.gif

IMG_0379.gif

IMG_0380.gif

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
looks very good, and yeah mine are 18x11 inch rims... (thanks jroc for the plug :rockon: )

i put falken 452's up front, i had them on my previous car and had awesome traction and great tread wear.. I can't afford to replace tires every year :( since this is my DD. they don't make the 452's big enough for the rear..

they definitely need to "warm up" when we were in the 20's and when my car sat outside (at work) if I was at a redlight and trying to take a left across traffic, i would sit-n-spin... after a few mintutes of normal driving they were fine.. and on normal temp days no problems at all..

enjoy them :)

bubblehead93

Established Member
someone posted comparing treadwear ratings between tires from two different manufacturers...

:nono:

you cannot compare treadwear ratings between manufacturers, it is not an apples to apples comparison. you would think it would be, but tire manufacturers are only prohibited from overstating the value (a higher number). in other words a tire might test at 280, the manufacturer is prevented by NHTSA regs from rating it as a 300, but 200 is legal. i recommend you only compare treadwear ratings between tires from the same manufacturer, though even then take it with a grain of salt.

cheers
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread