No More GC! Now what?

2001blkR

Established Member
Went to the local autozone last night to pick up some german castrol. They did'nt have any and I asked the guy when they would have some in and he said never again, that they won't be carrying it anymore. Any place else to get GC in the southeast or online? What will all you GC users be using now?

TMoney

Established Member
german castrol is a true synthetic. I use royal purple because german castrol isnt available here either. I would recommend that, amsoil or redline. Everything else, even Mobil 1, isn't as high of a grade of synthetic.

2001blkR said:
Went to the local autozone last night to pick up some german castrol. They did'nt have any and I asked the guy when they would have some in and he said never again, that they won't be carrying it anymore. Any place else to get GC in the southeast or online? What will all you GC users be using now?

This is the only internet site that I have found it on. Its a little more expensive but GC is outstanding oil. I've been using it myself for almost 2 years in my old 01 Cobra and now in my 03. Thankfully my AutoZone is still carrying it but of course that could change any day.

http://www.proformanceusa.com/mall/castrol_automotive.aspx

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Rob, thanks for the link...gotta go out tomorrow and check my Autozones before shelling out $ 50 per case (and you don't even get 7 qts)!

01 Venom

Established Member
why drive yourself crazy over getting GC? Granted its a good oil, but there are plenty of other high quality brands also.

I dont know, Mobil 1 is available and inexpensive just about everywhere, you can argue it isnt the best or whatever but its plenty good enough and never let me down. I change my oil every 3000 regardless.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
mobil 1 has recently changed their formulation. I believe its now a group III synthetic, which is pretty frowned upon.

Redline, amsoil or GC.

Im pretty sure my local autozone still has it, but I haven't checked because I have like a 40 quart stash.

01 Venom

Established Member
quad, I dont know much about it so I am asking and not beeing a dick. But frowned upon why? Does it break down quick or something?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Im not the best person to ask. From what I gather, it doesn't handle high heat as well (big deal for some of the poweradder guys), and it can't handle as long a service interval.

I don't like mobil 5w-30 because its pretty thin when new and only thins out more with age.

SPXTrader said:
Rob, thanks for the link...gotta go out tomorrow and check my Autozones before shelling out $ 50 per case (and you don't even get 7 qts)!

Funny sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully my Autozone will keep stocking it because the internet price is substantially more.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Well, I spent some time on BITOG last night, and there seems to only be problems in AZ. Most east coast and mid-west Autozones are still carrying it. One guy said if you take an empty bottle into NAPA, they carry it can can order it for you. Never mentioned the price...

But really now, why only 6 quarts to a case? Is this the work of cobraracer46?

Users who are viewing this thread