No Power Steering, P0308 Code, and other crap .. Suggestions?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Based on what I have heard I don't buy the spark plug story, I'm betting #8 is rolled and it'll need a new motor. I hate to be a downer but like was mentioned above the #8 cylinder is the issue on the Coyote. I read the knock sensor story as well and yes it does seem to be those running tuners. OP, are you running a tune on that?

I do run a tune on it when I take it to the track occasionally. I run a brenspeed 93 street tune. It has actually been on the stock tune for about 3k miles now. My wife drives it 90% of the time. I have maybe 2k miles on it with the tune and 10k miles on it without.

This #8 problem happened while on a stock tune under normal driving condition s too. My wife was driving about 65mph down the highway.

Are all of these #8 cylinder problems coming from early run 11's or is it a range of build dates? I'm gonna be getting one soon and this kinda makes me wonder....

Mine is a very early run '11.. But I am not sure if that really matters or not.

Sosick

Established Member
My friend has the same issue. He ran a tune for a day and boom number eight went. Last he heard Ford said they knew he had a tune etc. I have a late model year build with a little over six thousand miles and no such issues so far. I don't have a tune though...

davidhuff

Established Member
Well for an update the ford Tech called me and said he thinks it is a bad spark plug... I just had them out yesterday looked great. He said he had to order in the plugs since Ford calls for "special plugs" to go into the car. They looked like iridium plugs when I pulled them.. But hell I am no plug expert.
Did the new spark plugs fix your 5.0?

GTermi

Established Member
I was thinking about getting a used 2011 5.0, but now with all of these issues makes me want a 2009 Shelby again

Last edited:

bustednuts

Established Member
Well for an update the ford Tech called me and said he thinks it is a bad spark plug... I just had them out yesterday looked great. He said he had to order in the plugs since Ford calls for "special plugs" to go into the car. They looked like iridium plugs when I pulled them.. But hell I am no plug expert.

Lesson 1. - Car running rough, car under warranty - bring to Dealer...!!!

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Did the new spark plugs fix your 5.0?

Ok well the car has been in the shop now for 14 days. The plug did not fix the problem just as I suspected. They are now thinking it is a injector which they are replacing today and then calling me on.

To date they have done the following:

New plug
New COP
and now new injector.

My service advisor was unsure if they had run a compression test and leak down test on the motor yet when I spoke with him yesterday.

I will post back up this evening and let everyone know if the injector fixes the issue.

davidhuff

Established Member
Ok well the car has been in the shop now for 14 days. The plug did not fix the problem just as I suspected. They are now thinking it is a injector which they are replacing today and then calling me on.

To date they have done the following:

New plug
New COP
and now new injector.

My service advisor was unsure if they had run a compression test and leak down test on the motor yet when I spoke with him yesterday.

I will post back up this evening and let everyone know if the injector fixes the issue.
Sorry you are going thru all this BS,a compression test and a leak down test should have been the first work performed after the new spark plug did not fix your motor.Find a new Ford Dealer!

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Sorry you are going thru all this BS,a compression test and a leak down test should have been the first work performed after the new spark plug did not fix your motor.Find a new Ford Dealer!

Ford called me today. Told me my car was fixed. So I go to the dealer ship and pick up the car. I start it and I already think it is running like crap. But there is no CEL on so I go to pull out of the dealership the light comes on and yes, the car runs like crap still.

So I dropped it back off. They are going to look into the problem more I am told. The first time the dealership had my car for a clutch issue it was there for over 30 days. This time it has been there for 11 days. I have to be knocking on some kind of lemon laws door as far as time frame is concerned.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Not sure what is causing the initial issues. What I do know for certain is that in pulling your plugs to examine them and not disconnecting the battery terminals, that when you arced across to the positive terminal you (1) popped your power steering fuse located at the positive terminal. (2) possibly fried something in the ECU. I have seen that happen before and have seen a Ford tech chase his tail for a week before he finally figured it out.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Sucks that they are still working on it. Hopefully it's resolved soon. Thanks for keeping us updated.

davidhuff

Established Member
Ford called me today. Told me my car was fixed. So I go to the dealer ship and pick up the car. I start it and I already think it is running like crap. But there is no CEL on so I go to pull out of the dealership the light comes on and yes, the car runs like crap still.

So I dropped it back off. They are going to look into the problem more I am told. The first time the dealership had my car for a clutch issue it was there for over 30 days. This time it has been there for 11 days. I have to be knocking on some kind of lemon laws door as far as time frame is concerned.
Did you ever get your 5.0 fixed.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread