NO2 or Lower

silvercobramike

Established Member
I just installed a ported setup w/ a 2.76 upper and I want get it tuned one time instead of multiple so im considering a 100 wet plate kit or a 2/4lb lower. What kind of power gains does a ported setup see with a 2.76 and a lower? Im sure I can get into the mid 600s with the NO2 but if I can be near 550 with the pully combo only, I might do that. Also I have a Mafia and BAP, what else would be needed for a lower or NO2?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Not sure you'll get 550ish but you'll add a ton of tq with a lower and you'll have it all the time. If your car's a daily driver I'd go lower instead of the spray. You'll enjoy the extra tq without having to downshift and its always there.
There are tons of us with the upper/lower/port setup. 520/540 is the average from what I've seen.
If you run the spray you'll need a clutch much sooner than getting the lower.

Last edited:

03CobraDom

Established Member
Not a big fan of the juice, i say go with a lower!
If ya want the power available all the time do the lower...if you're worried about an 08 Z06 pullin up along side of ya once every two months, and a track run every few months...go with the spray

Last edited:

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
or do the best of both worlds ;) .. theres no reason to not be a fan of n2o.. i was once not a fan but im a firm beleiver now that ive drove a car with it along with a few friends of mine. but the lower helps alot too! if u do the n2o u may not need an idler setup but you will def need/want to do the clutch.. if u do the lower make sure u get the idler setup, that will save your from exploding a stock idler like i did 2 weeks after the new setup! and i would personally recommend gettin a maf, injectors and pumps with either of them if you dont already have them.. just as a precaution if anything else!

Users who are viewing this thread