Not making power unknown issues !!!

urmaker45

Established Member
I have a 2.8 upper 4lb lower posi ported blower .. Kb bap .. Mafia.. Exhaust ... And I only made 428 to the wheels I was pulling timing and figured out it was two loose spark plugs and my af ratio is 10.0 at wot at 16 lbs boost I'm lost I actually replaced my belt with a gates belt and I have 100mm idler the car is not getting to hot it's something else any info would be great

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
well man....if you are running a 10.0 AFR at WOT, then it sounds like you need to have your tune adjusted, or find out why your AFR is off. im sure THAT is leaving a lil power on the board/table.

next you need to find out why the car is pulling timing? usually it is due to heat. doesnt have to be heat (from under the hood), but even hot outside temps, will have the car start pulling timing....especially if it is a combo of both....car being hot, as well as temps outside. when the car DOESNT pull timing, how much timing are you at when WOT, on what octane fuel? was the car still pulling timing after you swapped out those 2 plugs? perhaps if the timing is off (or the degree of heat/temp that the ecu starts pulling timing could be off (also in the tune), then this needs adjusted as well, which of course would also be leaving some power on the table.

another thing to keep in mind is this - if you havent owned your cobra long enough to experience what driving around during the summer is like, it turns these things into DOGS. sooo much slower. i can notice it in my car already (and have been noticing for a week or so now), and am already looking forward a few months down the road to september, when the temps start coming back down, and our cars start coming back to life.

just a couple of thoughts to get you started.

Ironhand

Banned
2.8 and 4lb is gonna put alot of heat in the blower.

Simple answer is fix your tune and check your IC pump to make sure it is working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread