NY state is FABULOUS!!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Yeah. Specially since being gay is a choice. I for one do not care personally. In fact I like the fact that more people can get married. Idk why this country is afraid of homosexuals. They're just people with different preferences

because this country for the most part is christian (78%), and being christian were raised that homosexuality is a sin.. therefor they dislike homosexuals..

yeah, you'll get a few people in here that say that Christ, Allah etc are myths, but a MAJORITY (from 80-83%) of the USA isn't that way..

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
because this country for the most part is christian, and being christian were raised that homosexuality is a sin.. therefor they are afraid of homosexuals..

yeah, you'll get a few people in here that say that Christ etc are myths, but a MAJORITY of the USA isn't that way..

It's a good thing the US refers to the bible for all of it's laws....wait wut?

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Sweet. Now some of them from down here might move. I have some good friends that are gay, but it is still unnatural and creepy. However, I don't give a shit if they get married.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
The main thing that pisses me off is the fact the Government feels a need to get into everything. Oh and **** suck too lol.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Maybe if God existed such a law wouldnt have been voted in in the first place....

Youd think an all powerful all knowing being would just pwn NY for attempting such a feat.

Don't worry, God will destroy some small town in Missouri to punish New York for its sins. /westboro baptist

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
dont worry we will get ours - it happened 9/11 and sure as shit it will come again

If it makes you feel any better we are constantly getting ****ed here in ny anyway and not just by the faggots

Maybe if God existed such a law wouldnt have been voted in in the first place....

Youd think an all powerful all knowing being would just pwn NY for attempting such a feat.

I know that some Christians see the passage of these type of laws as some great defeat, but they aren't. The one really cool thing about God is that He doesn't get in the way of people doing their thing. If you want to go down the wrong path, regardless of how much warning He's given you about the consequences, then He will let you. And when you're at the end of your rope and need and want His help, He will help you. God is very merciful and is much more patient and caring than the human race lauds itself to be. And despite the spread of legislated "gay marriage" God will continue to find ways to bless America or any nation for that matter that has Christians that walk closely with Him. So I say there's no reason to sweat "gay marriage."

tistan

Established Member
I know that some Christians see the passage of these type of laws as some great defeat, but they aren't. The one really cool thing about God is that He doesn't get in the way of people doing their thing. If you want to go down the wrong path, regardless of how much warning He's given you about the consequences, then He will let you. And when you're at the end of your rope and need and want His help, He will help you. God is very merciful and is much more patient and caring than the human race lauds itself to be. And despite the spread of legislated "gay marriage" God will continue to find ways to bless America or any nation for that matter that has Christians that walk closely with Him. So I say there's no reason to sweat "gay marriage."

What a load of horse shit.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
How can you let someone that you do not know control your decisions and go against what you believe?

I know God. so now your statement is invalid. Anything else?

I'm not an overly religious person but I believe in god, fast during lent, try to follow the commandments, etc.., With that said, I can understand how many of the religious folk will take this "acceptance" as some sort of slap in the face.

CNN had a story about this law being signed by Cuomo and some of the clips made me shake my head. Some sort of gay parade/march in NYC was shown. Flamboyant isn't even the word. What I saw went far beyond it! Religious people are suppose to accept this behavior as "normal?" Good luck with that!

yup...exactly.

Uh.. marriage has been around a lot longer than xtianity, but idk, if you want to think it started with the bible, i guess go ahead... but saying shit like that doesnt up your credibility at all..

Yes, but marriage hasnt been around a lot longer than Adam and Eve. Same God =)

As Christians we do know God. He has quite clearly stated what he believes so it wouldn't be going against it at all.

win

You would be correct. It started with Adam and Eve. a male and Female

win again.

No it is very very possible to know God. He isn't some big mystery that man can't figure out. That line of thought is actually the argument of humanists like it is with pretty much anything.

Why would you say it is impossible to know God? Have you tried just curious.

If you hear that line it is normally from a legalistic "religious" church/ persons mouth. Those types are generally more detrimental to the body of Christ than any other. they focus on the man made rules (normally offshoots of levitical laws) and legalism instead of grace and love.

you know Christianity typed out won't kill you lol. I have a hard time figuring out what X-inanity represents.

3 wins in a row. thats a turkey!

Jason, just so you know...we were created in the first place to know God. He created us for personal relationship, and that still applies today. That is why we were created, the true meaning of life. It is absolutely possible to have a personal relationship with God, but you have to take the first step of faith yourself and say "the prayer". Once you say this prayer - and wholeheartedly mean it - God will initiate a personal relationship with you and you will know immediately. There is no catch, you just have to ask God into your life and repent of your sins. He will not force Himself into your life, but you do have to start the relationship on your end. You will have no doubt in your soul after you say 'the prayer' that God has just entered your realm.

God stands at the door of your heart and knocks. He will not force himself in, he simply just knocks. However the door can only be opened from the inside. If you are interested in starting this relationship, just say so and we can tell you the prayer to say.

After the relationship is started, God starts to reveal to you reality, and you will see things are much, much, much deeper than they seem. Hope you decide to move forward with this man. It is the single greatest decision I have personally ever made, no doubt. Let me know if you have any questions pertaining to this, thats why Im here man

:beer:

He pwned Sodom and Gomorrah for doing such before Christ came. Now that Christ has come, God made a promise through Jesus to not insta-kill us for our screwups because through Jesus we can get actual forgiveness.

What a load of horse shit.

You don't believe it because you're a very negative individual and you can't take your eyes off of what is happening in the natural. All the doom and gloom for America crowd has a surprise coming their way. Even the "Sodom and Gomorah" crowd doesn't understand how close God was to sparing those two cities. This attack on marriage isn't good, but its not going to bring America to its knees. There are still way too many people around who respect the institution of marriage.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Well now they can be married and settle down to raise some kids to be homosexual. God knows they can't produce their own offspring together though. I guess they will have to be trendy another way and adopt foreign kids.

2000gtp1sc

Established Member
We have plenty of laws being created all over this country by folks who are using plenty of godless points of view. But that's ok because its inline with your godless worldview. Go ahead and try and create laws to ban the Christian faith. We'll show you real fast who has the power in this country and it ain't godless folks.

+1 to this. I'm an Iowan and the Christians along with myself have shown the liberal activist judges who voted to legalize it in our state who has the real power. They're looking for jobs now! What a joke! Not to mention "We the people" never even got the chance to vote on it. Talk about a blatant abuse of power, not to mention a huge misrepresentation of what the citizens of our state would support and value! Since when does the judicial branch make laws???

On another note, the more I think about it, the more I wish the government had never gotten involved in the whole marriage issue( and I'm married, receiving the benefits!). Then maybe we wouldn't have had the whole Roe vs Wade issue(but that's a whole nother issue). It always seemed funny to me that the original framers of the constitution thought there should be a separation between Church and state, when clearly they were betting on the goodness of humankind to lead this great nation to greaterness. Yes, I said greaterness! And what promotes goodness? Religion, me thinks:)

At the end of the day, I have a gay couple that reside just down the road from me and I've come to know them a little bit through some business( I am a tree trimmer in my free time) and hold nothing against them as far as their lifestyle, but it's not like they're trying to convert me! Not like Hollywood! I honestly don't know if they're married as they had been living together long before the law was passed in Iowa, but I wouldn't blame them if they took advantage of the opportunity as it exists. I guess I have taken the Live and Let Live approach to the whole thing knowing that Jesus will make the ultimate Judgement. That is not mine to do. All I know is it sure has created quite the debate and above all the anger and bitterness and hatred, the devil is laughing at us.

Common

Established Member
I was stuck in major traffic in the meat packing( go ahead, there is a joke there) district because of it. Just for that, they can all go sit on a cactus until they bleed for all i care.

Users who are viewing this thread