Official Cobra Exhaust Sound Clip Thread.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
greenstang1313 said:
ill try to get mine up soon, cammed 5.0 with longtubes, offroad H, 2 chamber flows.:coolman:

sometimes when ppl tell me to rev it i'll act like im revving it real hard but only go up to 3500, then Ill really quickly bring it up to 6k a few times and make their ears bleed.:D
lolol i DEFINATELY want too hear it!!

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
Venomous, your vid says you have 2 chamber Flows, but I thought you said in another thread that they were 3 chamber?

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
SinisterSTANG said:
Venomous, your vid says you have 2 chamber Flows, but I thought you said in another thread that they were 3 chamber?
yeah i made a mistake... actually the next day i was curious too see why they sounded so quiet and the part number on the muffler said thier 3 chambers....i am installing my mac catback tomm i will put a sound clip up :-D

red97svt

Established Member
there seems to be some debate on the subject. which is the setup to have an x or an H pipe. i have a stock 97 and can't decide which way to go for the exhaust system. these clips help, but not the same as actually hearing them. what is the best setup to go with.

p.s. I am going to go with o/r and want it to be a loud rumble, similar to what older muscle cars sound like. thanks.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
red97svt said:
there seems to be some debate on the subject. which is the setup to have an x or an H pipe. i have a stock 97 and can't decide which way to go for the exhaust system. these clips help, but not the same as actually hearing them. what is the best setup to go with.

p.s. I am going to go with o/r and want it to be a loud rumble, similar to what older muscle cars sound like. thanks.
o/r h pipe hands down it has a nice deep tone..or you can go with a mac pro chamber

qkslvr221

Established Member
Does anyone here have a O/R Prochamber with MAC Flowpath mufflers? I heard this combo on a MACH1 and it made me want it for mine! Would ours sound much different with the combo, compared to the MACH1?

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
qkslvr221 said:
Does anyone here have a O/R Prochamber with MAC Flowpath mufflers? I heard this combo on a MACH1 and it made me want it for mine! Would ours sound much different with the combo, compared to the MACH1?

I have o/r mac h and mac flowpath...sounds ridiculous...sounds like it wants to eat you in half and is pretty f'n loud...I love it but will probably convert to full bassani once I get to headers...I'll try and get some clips up in the next few days.

milktasd2

Established Member
Here is the set up

BBk LTs, BBk catted X pipe, SLP LM1, JLT CAI, 87mm Mass Air, BBk Twin 62mm TB, Mac Pullies, Ford Racing Alum. Lite. Flywheel, Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft, Ford Racing 31 Spline Rear End with 3.73s, Roush Rear Sway bar, Ford Racing 1.5" drop, Gunmetal Cobra R 17x9 wheels. All on stock tune.:loser:

Only have two for right now. Try to get some better ones later.
outside
http://media.putfile.com/A-bad-pass

inside my buddy's car with his windows up.
http://media.putfile.com/SLP-35

And yes I know that was a bad pass, that was spinning in 2nd.That track doesn't hook on street tires. I have to launch at idle and shift into 2nd at 4500 rpm. Best pass is a

2.0 60'(Launching at idle)
8.4 1/8
87 MPH

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
I have o/r mac h and mac flowpath...sounds ridiculous...sounds like it wants to eat you in half and is pretty f'n loud...I love it but will probably convert to full bassani once I get to headers...I'll try and get some clips up in the next few days.

Any vids yet..

white97snake

Established Member
Black Stang 97 said:
yeah i liked the bassani but way... i mean way too much drone on the freeway going at 3k rpm.... i still have it, im selling it for 150...lol..
Do you still have it for sale if so let me know, im still very interested...please post answer on here, as my PM's are screwed up thanks

anywho2003

Established Member
i have a 97 with stock manifold catted h pipe and roush mufflers. Sounds awesome. I will try to get a clip of it then i plan on getting the cats cut off so ill post a before and after clip.

ogc

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread