Oil Separator Installed

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
no. It acts as a catch can more than a filter when used on our cars. Theres no need to filter the air. The reason it is there for its intended use is it is used to filter the air and catch the water in the air lines as compressed air creates condensation.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
I did not use a a lot of line in my setup. I wanted to just use it as a catch can and did not want to obstruct too much air flow as the pcv helpes to relieve crankcase pressure.. If you are not having idle issues then i guess you will be fine. Mine looks the same as Casper's. My setup looks exactly like this...

img_0379sm.jpg

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
yeah it said on the filter specifically "do not use with synthetic oil, may cause container to explode". But, I figured the most it can pull at anytime is 30 psi/ in. mercury, which is 1/4 of what an air compressor put out. Ill keep the filter in it for now. well see what happens.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
On my container it states that synthetic oil will clog the filter. Its a cambell hausfield from Lowes. Im sure you will be fine if you are using multigrade motor oil.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Is it not necessary to also put a separator on the passenger side breather??

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
I think the design of the 4v had a problem w/ just one of the pvcs being too close to squirting oil and thereful sucking a lot of oil through the pvc system which is why most people choose to do it that way....could be wrong however since I've never put a seperator on my car cause it has never sucked oil through the system for whatever reason anyway.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
FindemorGrindem said:
....could be wrong however since I've never put a seperator on my car cause it has never sucked oil through the system for whatever reason anyway.

What do your IMRCs think of that?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
thanks to this thread i made my own a couple of weeks ago, i've emptied the container 3 times so far.
has anyone tried putting two filters on the same line?
I've seen pictures of how some oil still gets pass the little separator, maybe the second one would just totally eliminate the filter going into the intake
Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread