ok,guys i need some help

96mystic_915

Established Member
i have a 96 cobra stock motor procharger and im doing an auto swap on the car have a 4r70w with the trans harness have the computer to controll it just need some andvice on how to mount the shifter in my car as well as how to wire the over drive button other than that i have everything else for the swap im on corral as well and cant find any info on this subject so if anyone knows what im missing please help my flywheel comes in tomorrow so thats when im finishing the swap

96mystic_915

Established Member
thank you so much for the link i finally finished my swap today that was a nightmare it is kinda fun but its no 5 speed but i do have a complete parts list if anyone needs it or has any questions about the swap but i do need a converter and a valve body this factory stuff isnt going to satisfy me for long so any suggestions on what kind of converter and what size to run?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
thank you so much for the link i finally finished my swap today that was a nightmare it is kinda fun but its no 5 speed but i do have a complete parts list if anyone needs it or has any questions about the swap but i do need a converter and a valve body this factory stuff isnt going to satisfy me for long so any suggestions on what kind of converter and what size to run?

Convertor will depend on engine combination. Stall speed and size.

There are a few companies that come to mind that sell convertors for the 4R70W:
Lentech
DirtyDogRacing
FB Performance Transmissions
BC Automotive

96mystic_915

Established Member
So I have talked to my brother who has has a built motor whipple lightning and a friend that I work with that has a blown 331 with a c4 in it and they both say to get a 3500 stall even though it is my daily driver they said it shouldn't be bad even with the stall being that high any opinions?

96mystic_915

Established Member
Well I wrecked my car this past Sunday and now I'm in need of any advice and any one that has the parts i need I need a cobra front bumper fog light brackets any advice on what is the best way to go about rebuilding my beloved car

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Well I wrecked my car this past Sunday and now I'm in need of any advice and any one that has the parts i need I need a cobra front bumper fog light brackets any advice on what is the best way to go about rebuilding my beloved car

Call your insurance company.

96mystic_915

Established Member
They will total it if I call them air bags went off needs new door new front bumper new fender new headlight panel new head lights fog lights air bags new trans cooler and thaw as far as I know I have not pulled it apart just yet will do that tomorrow after work bit the car does still drive like she did before just messed up body pieces

mysteed

Established Member
Even if the airbags didn't go off they would probably total it because of the Mystic paint as you can't just paint a bumper and have it match the rest of the car. If you do end up calling them and they do total it out just buy it back from them and fix it yourself.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Mystic paint actually matches pretty, rarely does it have to be blended. Might just need to reclear the rest of the car if he does just paint the needed parts.

OP, I have a set of "COBRA" airbags I just removed from my mystic. I changed to charcoal so these are up for sale. I bought them off a guy here on the site a couple of yrs ago actually. I hit a deer in my car and the airbags deployed.

I feel your pain OP

96mystic_915

Established Member
ouch how bad did that deer hurt the car? and im not calling the insurance im a 20 year old kid with a cobra im still paying off and i also have a motorcycle on my insurance so a totaled vehicle is not going to work with my wallet yeah mystic_svt send me a price on the air bags im interested but at the same time i dont know if i want to put air bags back in it because i know they make the delete plates that look like the air bags but there is nothing behind them what do yall think? and also im just going to have the whole car repainted because before i bought the car the idiot that had it before me was drifting with it and hit a pole and put a dent in the quarter panel and im going to fix that while it is apart and i have the passenger fender passenger door and front bumper so im just going to repaint the whole car while im at it i just cant decide on wether to paint it mystic or mystichrome i know some ppl say that its destroying a mystic but at the same time i just wrecked one so thats why im not sure what color to paint it

96mystic_915

Established Member
yeah bumper support is the worst part of the whole thing aside from having to buy new lights and new fog lights and all the little bs that im sure everyone is familure with that you have to get and put in

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Who did you buy this car from? It looks very similar to the Mystic that my buddy Andrew used to have. I know when he moved back to houston he was trying to sell it but I haven't talked to him in a very long time so I don't know if he ever sold it. Car was pretty quick I'll tell you that!

Users who are viewing this thread