OPPENHEIMER - Official Trailer

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Apparently they made a blast similar to a nuclear bomb without using special effects which is probably what you are seeing portions of in the trailer. Nolan is one of the best and I'm excited to see this one.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Looks good. I saw Fat Man and Little Boy when it came out in theaters way back when. Definitely going to check this out.

It’s amazing watching something theoretical turn into reality which the Manhattan Project achieved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw a short trailer advertisement on tv last night. This will be a good one.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
JC it does not come out until July. It looks like this will be the one good movie for 2023.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I am so pumped for this movie. Nolan is by far my favorite director.

Won't watch any trailers though. For the last like ten years, I feel like you could watch 3/5 of a movie just by watching all the trailers

Also, if it's not coming out until July, why not release it on 16JUL? Missed opportunity there

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Speaking of museums to go to. Make an effort to visit the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH. Makes the the Smithsonian look tame. The entire history of aviation/space exploration/experimental all under massive hangars. Plus it is totally free. The ICBM silo is cool.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I am so pumped for this movie. Nolan is by far my favorite director.

Won't watch any trailers though. For the last like ten years, I feel like you could watch 3/5 of a movie just by watching all the trailers

Also, if it's not coming out until July, why not release it on 16JUL? Missed opportunity there

Or August 6th.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I finally watched Oppenheimer. It's another in a line of great flicks from Nolan, but was pretty disappointed they didn't include Von Neumann in the movie. We studied him in a class in college call The Mathematics of War. IIRC, he was one of three people who could come and go from the Los Alamos Laboratory.

Von Neumann was truly brilliant. Though his specialty was mathematics (he was the world's foremost expect in game theory and linear programming), he had a better grasp of history than the professors at Princeton. He was also a bit of a party animal, routinely crashing his car around campus after a night of drinking. When he was on his deathbed from cancer, the Chiefs of Staff gathered to pick his brain one last time.

"Von Neumann was a child prodigy who at six years old could divide two eight-digit numbers in his head[24][25] and could converse in Ancient Greek. When the six-year-old von Neumann caught his mother staring aimlessly, he asked her, "What are you calculating?"[26]"

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been meaning to watch it over the past 2 weeks, but haven't yet. It's #1 on my list, though.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Watched it a few weeks ago. Good flick, I need to go back and watch “Manhattan” on AMC.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread