orange SS claimed 450 hp to the wheels

boosted99si

Established Member
this guy that i've seen locally for a while with a really loud orange SS camaro say 00 or newer.....this is about a month ago by the way he's at a local gas station and i ride past kinda notice him and pull a U turn pull him and talk to him for a bit he's claiming 450 to the wheels im thinking what am i doing he'll murder me in a race so i act like my phone vibrates and say excuse me and make up a fake conversation cause im a loser but then a week later at the local dragstrip i see him run against a lightning with n2o and he got beat and only ran a 7.9 with slicks.....can you believe that the guy was bluffing me/ BSing me and ran about the same time as mine can with me on streets and spinning none the less i am now wanting to see this guy again and run him cause i think i could atleast give him a run for his money

boosted99si

Established Member
cai,magnaflow cat, 2.8 pulley

my friend ran an 8.1 at 88 mph that was his best and we have about the same mods just his is convertible....i really need to run mine it would help me out on here cause i know ppl question stuff and im not really sure on numbers but i wish i ran 7's if you can what are stock 1/8's in stage 3 roush hard tops

boosted99si

Established Member
or am i wrong and this guy can run a 7.9 with whatever HP he did have..........could have left me like it was nothing?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
7.9 is plausible with that hp if his launch was sh*ty. I wouldn't underestimate him just on his time, what was his mph?

boosted99si

Established Member
honestly i dont even remember that sorry......it was actually pretty high i do remember that

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Dude stop bench racing. You COULD NOT make your Roush run 7.9 on street tires. Only in your wildest dreams.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I'm sure he forgot to mention this was on a 1/8th track.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'm not sure what kind of hp numbers the Stage 3s put out, but I'd say a lightly modded one would be mid-high 300s at the wheels. That's more than enough power to run a 7.9 IMO. I know fairly light modded Machs can pull high 7s which is roughly mid-high 12s in the 1/4 and a lightly modded Mach only has around 300rwhp....give or take a few. This is just my opinion though and I'm no expert. :beer:

BTW.....Hugger Orange SS's were only made in 98 and 99. I love Hugger Orange SS's. I was planning on getting one, but then the Machs came out and then when the Cobra came in Competition Orange, I had to have one, so I traded my Mach in. :banana:

Last edited:

boosted99si

Established Member
i never once said my car could run a 7.9 on streets i was talking about the SS so there ya go stopsign and you act like i said those were my times those are my friends time and i have similar mods done to my car maybe if you all would read this information it would be easier but to sublime thanks for the support and sry about the mistake on the SS wasnt aware of that information but learn somethin new everyday...sorry if in the first post i stated as the same as mine i was figuratively speaking taking a guess on what it should run compared to other stage 3's

didnt meant to confuse anybody or seem like i was BSing

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Dude stop bench racing. You COULD NOT make your Roush run 7.9 on street tires. Only in your wildest dreams.
yeah he could. I run 8.30s in the 1/8th on nittos with only 298rwhp. He is probably in the 350rwhp range he could easily run in the 7s with a good launch.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
yeah he could. I run 8.30s in the 1/8th on nittos with only 298rwhp. He is probably in the 350rwhp range he could easily run in the 7s with a good launch.

I have yet to see a stock Stage 3 in the 350rwhp range. I haven't heard any mods from him so I am assuming that he is stock.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
i never once said my car could run a 7.9 on streets

stage3kiddo said:
and only ran a 7.9 with slicks.....can you believe that the guy was bluffing me/ BSing me and ran about the same time as mine can with me on streets and spinning none the less

:rollseyes :nonono:

Almo

Established Member
7.9's are low low 12's.

SublimeRT said:
I'm not sure what kind of hp numbers the Stage 3s put out, but I'd say a lightly modded one would be mid-high 300s at the wheels. That's more than enough power to run a 7.9 IMO. I know fairly light modded Machs can pull high 7s which is roughly mid-high 12s in the 1/4 and a lightly modded Mach only has around 300rwhp....give or take a few. This is just my opinion though and I'm no expert. :beer:

BTW.....Hugger Orange SS's were only made in 98 and 99. I love Hugger Orange SS's. I was planning on getting one, but then the Machs came out and then when the Cobra came in Competition Orange, I had to have one, so I traded my Mach in. :banana:

Almo

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Ahhh.....I stand corrected. Thank ya. :coolman:

Easy way to do it but it will not be in stone, will be fairly close but a little different pending a NA or SC'ed car though... Multiply the 8th mile ET by 1.54.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread