Owned By Cop

boosted99si

Established Member
the car wont be on the streets for a while, i was going down a road and decided i'd kick it to get this car off my ass. That car was an undercover cop and he got me for a bunch of crap and now im in a bunch of crap and its really stupid but oh well. The parents have taken the car and are considering selling it but til now its in the garage. This is after a 70 in a 45 ticket that got reduced in 60 in 45 but still. This one isnt that easy, careless operation of a vehicle, attempted drag racing, and street racing but he said he'd drop the street racing.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Isnt that trying to provoke you into doing something unlawful? I thought that was against the law. Sucks man because I know I would have done the same thing.

fre

Established Member
That is what we call entrapment. I would fight that one.

I had a cop in Utah try to pull this shit on me, but he was stupid and made the mistake of flipping his radar gun on and off repeatadly. I slammed on my brakes and he went flying past me. He then pulled to the side and got back behind me. He probably thought I didnt know he was a cop and wanted to show me like I would give a shit. He then turned around like a good revenue collector.

Last edited:

PLATIADO

Established Member
fre said:

I had a cop in Utah try to pull this shit on me, but he was stupid and made the mistake of flipping his radar gun on and off repeatadly. I slammed on my brakes and he went flying past me. He then pulled to the side and got back behind me. He probably thought I didnt know he was a cop and wanted to show me like I would give a shit. He then turned around like a good revenue collector.
What he said

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I'm not so sure it is. Firat off- drag racing is bullshit- ther was no starting or stopping point, the street racing is bullshit too. Careless or reckless are fair. IMHO.. Get a lawyer and you will walk away with a 2 pt violation.

boosted99si

Established Member
its not the law part im worried about, my parents were more pissed than the cop. i contacted a friend of the family who knows a lot about the law and he said i should really try to fight it but i guess its my word against his. Thanks for the support though.

Cahill00SS

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
its not the law part im worried about, my parents were more pissed than the cop. i contacted a friend of the family who knows a lot about the law and he said i should really try to fight it but i guess its my word against his. Thanks for the support though.

i know what you mean man....i got a exibition of accelaration ticket to weeks ago and i've gottin a lawyer and have a court date, and my parents don't know anything...thank god i'm 18! I got my grounded from my 93 Z28 for a month after a *cough *cough 97 in a 45 ticket *cough *cough

good luck man!!!!

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
the car wont be on the streets for a while, i was going down a road and decided i'd kick it to get this car off my ass. That car was an undercover cop and he got me for a bunch of crap and now im in a bunch of crap and its really stupid but oh well. The parents have taken the car and are considering selling it but til now its in the garage. This is after a 70 in a 45 ticket that got reduced in 60 in 45 but still. This one isnt that easy, careless operation of a vehicle, attempted drag racing, and street racing but he said he'd drop the street racing.
That really sucks, but fighting it may help a lot.
I was really lucky when I got my 1 and only ticket. I was 16, in my old '92 lx hatch. just a couple months after getting my licence, still had a 9pm curfue(sp?), driving a freind home at 8:30 pm and ffor no reason I floor it and this car is coming up, I am going about 120 in a 55 ( :nonono: ), and my friend looks at the car " oh shit, thats a cop!!!!" Next thing I no I got the red and blew lights on my a$$ the lights looked really cool, but it sucked 'cause of the consequences. I got a $45.50 fine and 2 points and for some reason my insurance did not go up, but it still shows up and I am paying for it now since I have a different car now

dragon40k

Established Member
Dude this same thing happened to me monday. I was driving along in my cobra when this unmarked car with an antenna and spotlight and 3 people in it zoomed up on my rear. I thought it might be a taxi. I was breaking the limit by like 15-20 and he was keeping up. This was a country road and I thought that he could be a cop but I sped up to75 or so to see if he'd try to keep up (he did) and turned left and got it up too 100+ he was a ways back but obviously he had some kind of hard on for me. Well I turned left and turns out he WAS a cop. Chief of police on his way to training actually. He let me go with a verbal warning however and told me to slow down.
The thing is if he wouldn't have been behind me pressuring me I would have never speeded up in the first place.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
In my old truck a TA was behind me at about 11 at night. I thought he wanted some so i floor it. He catches up and blue lights are everywhere. I told him i had something wrong with my MAF and it was cutting out so i punched it. He gave me "no proof of insurance" ticket which was thrown out since i showed them my "proof of insurance" in court. me-1, court-12

Fourcam330

Established Member
Get a lawyer. Tell him that you felt threatened by the car riding your ass and just wanted to get away.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
hey man...where was it and what kind of car? Ive got some "friends" in a few local PD's...

Just so you guys know, it's not entrapment. It may seem like it, but in the court, entrapment consists of money changing hands. Example--you're at your local spot, a guy comes up wanting to run, he even mentions running for money, but does notshow you the money--you guys run, he pulls you, gives you a ticket...

I for one think it is complete BS when they do this, especially if you werent doing anything wrong to begin with...I guess it's just one of those mark it up to experience

Last edited:

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
fre said:

sorry, but entrapment would involve the officer forcing you to commit a crime so he can charge/arrest you for it, in which he didn't. he didn't force you to speed off in front of him. you decided to do that. you should've just let the car pass you if it was riding you ass, since you were most likely holding him up. unless he was there for only a few minutes, in which he was probably running your plates.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Another kid who is more worried about his parents taking away the car than about the ticket adding big bucks to the insurance payments. Let me guess, your parents bought you the car and pay for your insurance?

boosted99si

Established Member
blk04cobra....unluckily i wasnt even in charlotte, i was near concord mills at bass pro shop and on my way back it was on us 29. Which apparently is a hot spot for cops and street racers. Just wish me luck, i actually got in touch with the courthouse and the DA's office. We'll see how it turns out and ill keep you all updated. They had said they might even drop the street racing charge how they didnt feel it was the right charge.

Users who are viewing this thread