P0602 and Trans/Comp. issue

SADF

Established Member
Whats up guys. Been a while, but anyways. My truck has been stored for about six months and I took it out after cleaning it up. Truck would not shift when in drive. I could stab it and it would take forever to get going. Put it in D1 and my 1st is definitely there. Then I realized that the truck is basically starting off in third and......staying there the whole time! Put my SCT scanner on read the only code, the P0602. Now its been a while, but M pretty sure that code was present the minute Amazon tuned it and it was a normal thing. After researching a bit I'm seeing others who have ran into this and read something about having to go to Ford to have the stock tune Forced? Any help is great, thanks guys and gals.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
Just searched the P0602 code and it doesn't sound good. Were you able to dump the stock tune back in? I would give Rick a call to see if he is familiar with this. I rock a e-tune from Amazon and never had that code.

SADF

Established Member
i tried putting the stock tune back in, however, the problem did not go away and i have no idea if the factory tune was installed successfully or not

funair02

Established Member
a quick look at google -- I guess you can assume it is this

Here's what the code means.

P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

The Predator has a screen message that says this code and 2 others are common when reflashing a vehicle with the this tool.

SADF

Established Member
a quick look at google -- I guess you can assume it is this

Here's what the code means.

P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

The Predator has a screen message that says this code and 2 others are common when reflashing a vehicle with the this tool.

Yeah, and that's what I remember. Its been several years since I tuned my truck, however, I almost remember this code being present....which sucks because whether I needed a computer or not or whatever, at least I thought I knew what it was and now I'm just confused

SADF

Established Member
Im starting to wonder if this is a computer/tune issue. As I stated, D1 works, D2 works, D is just third. Could a faulty valve body cause this? Ive had the trans replaced before cause of a faulty intermediate one way clutch, but in that condition it would start out in 1st like normal, shift to 2nd, but no third. Before I call Amazon asking for advice I thought I shoot on here one more time.

funair02

Established Member
you have to clear the computer issues before you can diagnose anything else.
The codes you have a hard computer errors.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread