PA performance alternator?

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
So i was driving home tonight glanced down at my gauges and i be damned if my battery light was on :fm: . Guess my main question is should i go with a ford unit or another PA performance alternator? And also should i use the stock alternator pulley or get a bigger one? Im running a 2.93 with a stock lower. If i was to get a ford alternator where would be the best place to get one? thanks for any help :beer:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
4CEFED said:
So i was driving home tonight glanced down at my gauges and i be damned if my battery light was on :fm: . Guess my main question is should i go with a ford unit or another PA performance alternator? And also should i use the stock alternator pulley or get a bigger one? Im running a 2.93 with a stock lower. If i was to get a ford alternator where would be the best place to get one? thanks for any help :beer:
If I had to do it again i would use the ford unit. I have a PA and it lasted 7 month before it craped out. That is with the same setup I have had for 2 years, stock lower & 2.8 upper. I had PA rebuild it and put a 3.2 Alt pulley on, so we will see how long it last.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I am just amazed at the durability issues we're seeing on the PA unit. With all the problems I've been hearing with them, I would have to go back to a factory Ford unit until we can find a better one available.

skunkt-u

Established Member
I was in the same boat as you were in. (My Alt. crapped out on a dyno.) :mj: I was going to get a PA Alt. but found out some of the people on here were having issues w/them so I went w/ a ford unit. I know a new Alt. from Ford is about $200. bux so I went w/ a Remanufactured one thru Ford and it cost me $140. Yeah I may of cut a corner but its worth a shot.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
I've had no problems with my original equipped Ford alternator running a 4lb lower. From all the problems I've seen with PA alternators, if mine let go tomorrow, I'd go Ford, again.

The lowest price on Ford products, 10% over dealer cost [email protected] or Call Steve at 1-800-328-9552

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Thanks guys, just ordered a ford alternator from steve.....guess i will just use the same pulley since im not running a lower :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread