Paint issues on 2010 gt500

vipboy28

Established Member
Hi,

I have having some paint issues like bubbles, a rust spot and missing paint. I really want to get this fixed, but I was told to get touch up paint and fix the missing paint from scratchs myself and for a small pea size rust spot to sand the entire roof and replace vinyl.

Any recommedations? What are you all doing to treat your cars paint problems. Im in NJ, any good shops to recommend? Is it really that expensive to repaint the entire car or would a good detail place fix scratches and redo clear coats and what not?

Help???

Zemedici

Established Member
Depends on how bad the scratches are and what condition the clear coat is in. If you can feel the scratch generally its down to the paint and will require a repaint.

Can you take some pictures and post em up so we can see what you're dealing with?

vipboy28

Established Member
My insurance company will not cover something like that, I do need to swtich though. Some scratches are to the body on driver door side. Front hood is riddled with rock chips and scratches, most down to the body. The hood has that rust spot that im really concerned about. My question is how much do people charge for these types of repairs. I dont believe its bad to the point where you have to do a Whole panel as most scratches or chips are only .5-1 inch.

Any shop recs in NJ?

nxhappy

Established Member
My insurance company will not cover something like that, I do need to swtich though. Some scratches are to the body on driver door side. Front hood is riddled with rock chips and scratches, most down to the body. The hood has that rust spot that im really concerned about. My question is how much do people charge for these types of repairs. I dont believe its bad to the point where you have to do a Whole panel as most scratches or chips are only .5-1 inch.

Any shop recs in NJ?

Wow, get rid of that insurance.

Each shop is going to be different. Just go to a few different shops (maybe 5 or 6) and get several different quotes. You may be better off painting the entire car. It sounds like you have scratches all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread