PD Interviews

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ok, I'm in the hiring process for a local surburb PD. The phsyical agility test, was a freaking joke, the written test was pretty bad too. At the written there was 32 people for ONE spot. Now in your guys experience how many get weeded out thru the written?? Also saturday I have my interview, so far everything has been a standard national test. They also said that this interview is 'standard', anys suggestions? What should I look out for and be expecting??? Thanks Guys...

Vito

Broken
Established Member
The phsyical agility test

what kind of things did they have you do?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Hiring INterview, I'm not worried about the background, I had a TS/SCI Clearnace in the Corps.

Vito,

It was a joke 20 sit ups in a minute (1guy failed) 10push ups, no time limit, 14" Vertical, 300yards in 90sec, 1.5miles in 17.5min.

Originally posted by Ginsu
Ryan is it the hiring interview or back ground?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Hiring INterview, I'm not worried about the background, I had a TS/SCI Clearnace in the Corps.

Vito,

It was a joke 20 sit ups in a minute (1guy failed) 10push ups, no time limit, 14" Vertical, 300yards in 90sec, 1.5miles in 17.5min.

I once did 82 situps in a minute :D

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51

Vito,

now I have to see if I can do that LoL

Ginsu

Established Member
Well all I can say about the hiring interview for my department was that it was not that bad. All the rough stuff was already done. So the inteview with the Dep. Chief (uniform) and the Chief was pretty straight forward. Told me what was expected and made sure I knew what I was getting into. Both did throw a couple small traps in there but I obviously did good since I have the job.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Ginsu
Well all I can say about the hiring interview for my department was that it was not that bad. All the rough stuff was already done. So the inteview with the Dep. Chief (uniform) and the Chief was pretty straight forward. Told me what was expected and made sure I knew what I was getting into. Both did throw a couple small traps in there but I obviously did good since I have the job.
You think I could pass those traps??

BillsSnake

I was a member of the CHP for four years and then was recruited to a city department to assist in the formation of their traffic department. Having both city and state experience I would advise you to apply to a large department as you will have many more opportunities. Think SWAT cause that is a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread