Pearl Harbor anniversary

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I hadn't seen a thread on it yet, so I wanna make sure and get a reminder up. Today is the anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Keep the victims and (especially) the survivors in your prayers. That's all.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
yea, we might all be speaking japanese if we didnt retailate(sp?) like we did.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I read an article today on CNN that said one of the survivors that is going there today talked about how every July 4th he always tries to go to bed early to avoid the fireworks because they remind him of that day, but he always wakes up to them. Kinda sad.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I was out there last year during school. Couldn't get any of my room mates to go with me. Here is the thread I posted last year with some pictures.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...december-7th-1941-67th-anniversary-today.html

Nobody gives a shit anymore about what happened at Pearl Harbor. People already forgot. It's merely a tourist attraction.

I'll disagree. The memorial is a National Monument, admission is free. Also, there are free ferry rides out to the Arizona Memorial provided by the U.S. Navy. Not a money making 'tourist attraction'.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
I sure remember. Dec 7, 1941 - not that long ago. We should remember it. And if we didn't/don't teach our children the signifcance of that day, shame on us. If out kids still don't recall - then shame on them.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I read an article today on CNN that said one of the survivors that is going there today talked about how every July 4th he always tries to go to bed early to avoid the fireworks because they remind him of that day, but he always wakes up to them. Kinda sad.

I read that too. What really got me was when he described how they were going around pulling people out of the water. Sometimes they'd grab somebody by the arm and all the skin would just come off.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Really is such a moving place to visit. Before 9/11 you could drive onto one of the airbases and still see barracks that had bullet holes in them.

When I went there in 2003 I was able to meet a survivor of the Peral Harbor attacks. Great person to sit down and talk to! I would recommend everyone go!

THE_STIG

Established Member
If you are reading this thank a teacher, if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

Avispa

Established Member
And wouldn't you know those ****s printed instructions for programming a VCR in the "set date" function part to display 12-07-41. True story. After 68 years I think the Japanese are unrepentant to some extent for what they did.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
:Salute: to all the Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, and Civilians that perished in this horrific battle (2400+casualties). Today I watched the History Channel all day and it was quite amazing what these young men went through.

Jefe

Established Member
Its sad how little coverage this got. Thank you Tiger Woods

Users who are viewing this thread