Picked up a 97 Cobra

T.Bone

Established Member
Well finally picked it up last night! Bought it from a friend of mine, use to be his daily driver until he bought his Maruder. Then it just sat in the back yard.

Needs a good bath and little elbow grease. I hope to clean it up this weekend if the weather holds out.

Pretty much stock except for the lowering and 4:11 gears. I want to add SVO side exhaust, MGW Shifter and maybe have it dyno tuned to get a little more out of it. Don't want to do too much since I don't need 2 cars that I am breaking parts on.

97_Cobra.JPG

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
very nice man....are the headlights yellowing??? kinda looks like it from the pic.

I can get you a deal on the SVO side exhaust, friend of mine has it, never used and selling for a pretty good discount from dealership rate.

Post more pics when you can. :thumbsup:

T.Bone

Established Member
Thanks

Yep, the headlights are yellowing. I want to see if I can clean them up, if not I will replace them.

I will keep you in mind when I am ready to purchase the exhaust, I have to get some money built back up. After I got it home last night I had to take the wife and purchase a new dryer. Small trade off! :) Actually it broke the day before.

I want to get some pictures with it parked next to my 03, so I hope to have some more to post once I get it cleaned and take a few shoots this weekend.

Albino Snake

Established Member
T-Bone said:
Well finally picked it up last night! Bought it from a friend of mine, use to be his daily driver until he bought his Maruder. Then it just sat in the back yard.

Needs a good bath and little elbow grease. I hope to clean it up this weekend if the weather holds out.

Pretty much stock except for the lowering and 4:11 gears. I want to add SVO side exhaust, MGW Shifter and maybe have it dyno tuned to get a little more out of it. Don't want to do too much since I don't need 2 cars that I am breaking parts on.

97_Cobra.JPG
:thumbsup: on the crystal white, it truely is the fastest color:burnout:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
FWIW Tim, I'd jump on that SVO exhaust kit right now, even if it's just an agreement to hold it for you. They are practically impossible to find!!!

Nice Cobra. Only thing better than a white one is a Black one. JMO and a hundred others ...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
T-Bone said:
Yep, the headlights are yellowing. I want to see if I can clean them up, if not I will replace them.

www.lensrenew.com AWESOME guy to deal with and his $35 kit works amazing to clear our yellow headlights back up. I'll see about sending you the kit I have so you can "borrow" to do your headlights. :thumbsup:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
lol I love it when you guys just say "I just picked up a cobra". When I bought mine I was saying,"oh my god I got my dream car, but my life is over cause I have no more money" lol. Anyway, love the car and congrats for getting ANOTHER cobra lol.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Congrats.

And btw, the SVO exhaust is utterly worthless. Trust me - fiberglass skirts + horrible Borla SVO tips = headache + lots of work.

I'd go with Spintech and urethane skirts FWIW.

T.Bone

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
www.lensrenew.com AWESOME guy to deal with and his $35 kit works amazing to clear our yellow headlights back up. I'll see about sending you the kit I have so you can "borrow" to do your headlights. :thumbsup:

I heard toothpaste will take the haze off also, I am going to give it a try and see what it does. Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

TripleBlack95 said:
And btw, the SVO exhaust is utterly worthless. Trust me - fiberglass skirts

That's what has me worried, I would hate to hit something since this thing is lowered and bust them up all the time. Plus I don't really want to put anything that is real loud on this one. I have Borla Stingers on the 03 with stock cats and my nieghbors are cool about it. They say my car is their alarm clock in the morning, they know they need to get moving once I start my car.

I want to keep this one a little tamer then the 03, I am really enjoying driving it just like it is.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Alot of the kits and tricks to clean up the headlights work pretty well, but in my experience nothing works and will truly make you happy if you want a clena looking car like just replacing the lights.

Nice looking car though! Good find!:thumbsup:

fa110ut

Established Member
albino96 said:

I believe that one thread that dealt with this concluded that black is faster when going toward the sun and white is faster when going away from the sun.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
fa110ut said:
I believe that one thread that dealt with this concluded that black is faster when going toward the sun and white is faster when going away from the sun.

I know all about it lol. It was my thread.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
Congrats.

And btw, the SVO exhaust is utterly worthless. Trust me - fiberglass skirts + horrible Borla SVO tips = headache + lots of work.

I'd go with Spintech and urethane skirts FWIW.

But it does look amazing...95riosnake

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread