Picked Up A New 2014 Explorer Sport!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Picked up a new daily for the wife. 2014 Explorer Sport. 3.5L EcoBoost AWD. Moon Roofs, Nav, BLIS, Leather, Loaded....

14026094248_ab2c540a0c_o.jpg

14026170167_506b1cf2d0_o.jpg

14212593614_33e7480bb6_o.jpg

14026093978_55b055f1ef_o.jpg

14026124930_6d72a30269_o.jpg

14026094489_3a8175f3ab_o.jpg

14212593234_9d482090bd_o.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very nice about to do same thing what is the diff between sport and limited?

The biggest difference is the Sport only comes with the 3.5TT Ecoboost V6 and you can't get it in any other trim level. Other than that, the Limited gets a few more features you can't get on the Sport (power fold rear seat, heated steering wheel...).

OP - Nice!!! Are you eventually going to work your tune magic on this or leave it as is?

blownfox

Established Member
Identical to what we have! We have about 1500 miles on it and loving every minute of it!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn those are so nice!! Needs a set of custom TF wheels though :poke: lol!! I would drive the shit out of one of those daily for sure!!

Kewlv8

Established Member

The following is what I am aware of on the Sport Package:
-3.16:1 final drive ratio
-365HP/350Tq
-Limiter raised to 122Mph
- brake upgrade, moving from 13.1-inch rotors to 13.8 inches
- 9 inch wide sport wheels vs. 8.5
- throatier dual exhaust with large polished tips
- a reworked Terrain Management System to take advantage of the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine's extra torque in all conditions
- larger shock tower braces and a new cross tunnel brace for added rigidity.
- Performance tuned suspension and steering
- increased cooling
- Black Facia and wheel package

Flaco1

Established Member
My wife has the same one. The white one was her favorite one. It's a blast to drive even after 26k miles

xenodragon

Established Member
We have a black one, my wife loves it. I would DD it as well, but compared to a Jeep SRT8 or X5M it is not as good. The TQ steer drives me NUTS. Otherwise great car we love ours for our kid hauler

blownfox

Established Member
You really can't compare a X5M and jeep Srt8 to the explorer sport imo. Those only have a second row and most people who are buying the explorer need the third row. I know with babies and infants that the extra space is always nice to have.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nice SUV!!

You really can't compare a X5M and jeep Srt8 to the explorer sport imo. Those only have a second row and most people who are buying the explorer need the third row. I know with babies and infants that the extra space is always nice to have.

:rolleyes:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
How's she like it? That's exactly what my wife wants
She loves it! Very happy with the purchase.

See below.

The biggest difference is the Sport only comes with the 3.5TT Ecoboost V6 and you can't get it in any other trim level. Other than that, the Limited gets a few more features you can't get on the Sport (power fold rear seat, heated steering wheel...).

OP - Nice!!! Are you eventually going to work your tune magic on this or leave it as is?
With the potential after a tune, it will be very hard to leave it stock. :burnout:

Identical to what we have! We have about 1500 miles on it and loving every minute of it!
Great to hear!

Ford hit a ****in homerun with this Ecoboost explorer.
I agree. :rockon:

Damn those are so nice!! Needs a set of custom TF wheels though :poke: lol!! I wouldn't drive the shit out of one of those daily for sure!!
LOL. No TF wheels for this one.

My wife has the same one. The white one was her favorite one. It's a blast to drive even after 26k miles
Thanks. That's good news.

yup. They are great.
:rockon:

We have a black one, my wife loves it. I would DD it as well, but compared to a Jeep SRT8 or X5M it is not as good. The TQ steer drives me NUTS. Otherwise great car we love ours for our kid hauler
I don't care for German Pinto's nor any Chrysler product. I think I'll stick to the real deal.

Camera/lens?
Nikon D80. Nikkor 55-200mm.

Tune it. TUNE IT NOOOWWWW!!!!!!
LOL. Soon enough. Doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet. LOL

Good choice, those things are sooooooooo nice!
They really are. They have come a Loooooong way! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread