Picked Up A New Daily Driver

helloWorld

Established Member
I traded in my 2013 Mustang GT for a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan :burnout:

It's an automatic, has 34,500 miles on it, Airaid intake, sunroof, and Recaro seats :coolman: I also purchased a DashLogic that way I can make my dashboard display information that is useful to me. I currently have it set up to display knock, vehicle speed, IAT2 in F and vacuum/boost in PSI. All without an extra gauge! I also adjusted the boost bypass solenoid this weekend.

I plan on getting the calipers painted (don't know what color I want), relocating the front license plate to the front tow hook area, replacing the fog lights with HID's, replacing the daytime running lights, interior lights, trunk light, and rear license plate lights with LED's, getting an upper pulley swap, getting a Green filter for the Airaid, getting a Mamo ported LS7 throttle body, and getting it tuned.

For the future, I am wanting the supercharger snout ported, lower supply swapped, flex fuel, full catless exhaust and a BTR Stage 3 cam. I am sure I can do the full heads, larger intake, larger throttle body, larger porting but I am not sure how far I want to go with this daily driver!

0925161406.jpg

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

She's a heavy girl! This is the weight with 7/16 tank of gasoline and no one inside of the car!!!
Weight.jpg

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice ride, love the color. I definitely have a love-hate thing for CTS-v's. Love the performance and the looks, don't trust the quality.

helloWorld

Established Member
I agree about the quality. It is nice, but it definitely has its squeaks, rattles, and hums. I have to take it in to get looked at because something in the rear is vibrating or grinding whenever I am taking turns at lower speeds. Its more noticeable in reverse too!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
What was the price difference trsding/selling the GT to a year older CTS-V sedan?

helloWorld

Established Member
I picked up my '13 5.0 back in May of 2012 for a little over $30,000 out of the door.

With the trade in for this CTS-V, I walked out of the door with a loan for $24k and some change.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I picked up my '13 5.0 back in May of 2012 for a little over $30,000 out of the door.

With the trade in for this CTS-V, I walked out of the door with a loan for $24k and some change.

This site is getting overrun with V's.

Looks good man, I bought mine a few weeks ago after a deal on an E55 fell through.

As to quality, I keep the privacy screen (or whatever it's called) rolled back for the moonroof. With it extended and windows down, it makes noise and drives me insane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread