Pics of my 315/30/18 Michelin Pilot Sports on CCWs

code3smith

Established Member
I just bought the tires a few days ago. Rims are CCW Classic Polished 18x9F and 18x11R. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sports 275/35/18F and 315/30/18R. Previous tires were Toyo TS-1. The Michelins have a much stiffer sidewall and flex alot less in the turns. They also fit the CCWs alot better. Real nice traction too :banana: For any info about the car, visit my cardomain page. Link is in my sig.

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

tire5.jpg

03cobraracer

Established Member
damn those wheels and tires look great on there. i have the same car. wish mine was that shiny, what do u use to wash/wax that thing? but beautiful car, nice job

code3smith

Established Member
I had the whole car wetsanded. Best money I have spent so far on the Cobra :) Not only is the orange peel gone, but even when its dirty, it looks shiny :banana: Plus the reflections are crystal clear. Otherwise, I have a Porter Cable Polisher that keeps it looking nice when its not raining.

Silver03

Established Member
Looks great, what springs do you have on there? I'll be dropping mine this weekend with some H&R SS springs, curious if the clearance is going to be enough over the tire.

Edit: just checked your cardomain site and see the front coilovers, what about the rear?

Last edited:

code3smith

Established Member
Silver03 said:
Looks great, what springs do you have on there? I'll be dropping mine this weekend with some H&R SS springs, curious if the clearance is going to be enough over the tire.

Edit: just checked your cardomain site and see the front coilovers, what about the rear?

I have H&R SS in the rear.

Established Member
Brandon,
Your car is sweeeet man. Looks better and better everytime I see it. Even the Engine compartment is bling bling. Nice job man. Have you got a new tune yet??

smrtasp

Established Member
Where did you have the car wet sanded? Mine is black and looks like crap. The hood and trunk need to be painted due to the paint peeling but afterwards, I would like to have the car wet sanded to clean it all up.

BlakHrse95

Established Member
I'd kill for some CCW's. The car looks great! :beer: I just don't have an extra $3,000 plus to get them and tires :cryying: Looks like I will be settling for some 17 inch Chrome Bullitts. :shrug:

Stitch

Established Member
For such a wide tire your contact patch is pretty small. The pic below shows just how badly the tread is rolling. You need atleast a 335 on an 11" wheel.

BTW, 11" wheel width is too much for a Mustang. Just because you shove a deep dish 11" wheel under a mustang doesn't mean it looks good.

tire1.jpg

00PONY

Native Texan
Established Member
Solid Stang said:
BTW, 11" wheel width is too much for a Mustang. Just because you shove a deep dish 11" wheel under a mustang doesn't mean it looks good.

tire1.jpg

An 11" wheel is ONLY too wide for a stock mustang. tub the wheel wells and you have another story...right

code3smith

Established Member
Solid Stang said:
For such a wide tire your contact patch is pretty small. The pic below shows just how badly the tread is rolling. You need atleast a 335 on an 11" wheel.

tire1.jpg

I think that picture is a little bit deceiving. It seems to make the tire look very narrow. I can promise you there is plenty of contact patch and it fills the wheel well very nicely. I think a 335 would stick out a little too much.

I think the 11" wheel fits perfectly. But thats just my opinion :beer: Check out my cardomain site. There are plenty of other pictures there with the wide rim. You will see they fit quite nicely.

Car was wetsanded by a shop here in Santa Barbara.

Yes my car is the one on CCWs website.

No new tune yet. But HBH will have it ready soon :)

F8TL-WS6

Established Member
Looks amazin man, Pilot sports are some serious tires man, you heat em up and let it rip on the street yet?

boost happy

Established Member
Hey code3smith,
Very nice Sonic you got there. I really like the drop and the tire wheel combo..........btw do you have any pcs. of the entire side view of your car?
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
I remember seeing your car around when I went to pay my rent. It was always parked on that street. That thing is dam low and looks great!

Stitch

Established Member
code3smith said:
I think that picture is a little bit deceiving. It seems to make the tire look very narrow. I can promise you there is plenty of contact patch and it fills the wheel well very nicely. I think a 335 would stick out a little too much.

I think the 11" wheel fits perfectly. But thats just my opinion :beer: Check out my cardomain site. There are plenty of other pictures there with the wide rim. You will see they fit quite nicely.

Car was wetsanded by a shop here in Santa Barbara.

Yes my car is the one on CCWs website.

No new tune yet. But HBH will have it ready soon :)

This is what I'm talking about: You can see how much tread is not contacting the pavement. I think I may have it backwards though, I believe the tire is too wide as the wider the tire, the more tread that will roll. I smaller width would actually bring the tread down and not roll so much. Either way, that tire/wheel combo doesn't work.

tire1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread