pics of my '97 5.0 *DUW*

Stylin97V6

Established Member
Dont think i ever posted pics or info of my car here, but some of you may know me from other boards like MW, FP, V6P, and such.

Car started out as a 97 v6 with just bolt ons, from there i put on a 100 shot NX and was running low 14's. Decided to have fun one night and blew up my engine on 125 shot.

Next put in a 00 V6 engine for real cheap just to get me back on the road, soon bolted up a vortech pushing around 12-14psi making 265rwhp and running mid 13's... well due to a bad tune that engine took a crap as well.

Decided no more playing around, lets put a V8 in there. Well just to get the V8 swap out of the way and my car back on the road i put in a 95 GT engine with some bolt ons.

At the same time i did a QA1 tubular kmember, a-arms, and coilovers. 13" cobra brakes, BBK LT's and o/r Xpipe, Taylor battery relocation box, and quite a few more things.

Heres some pics of the car and the old V6 engine and the new 5.0 engine in.

use2.jpg

picture_429.jpg

picture_426.jpg

V6
clean5.jpg

car.jpg

picture35.jpg

and here is the new engine im building...
1995 lightning block, 408ci eagle 4340 forged rotating assembly, all 0 balanced, sfi balancer, milodon 7 quart pan, melling HV oil pump, trick flow main girdle, pro series timing set, 10.4:1 compression with a 58 cc head.

Also going on it will be AFR 225 heads, custom hyd roller Ed Curtis cam, TFS-R intake, Kooks LT's, Lentech Street Terminator PLUS AODE, and quite a few other goodies.

Previous owner of the shortblock made 515rwhp/458rwtq n/a and ran 10.8 @ 130 with the wrong convertor.

motor11.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan_J

Established Member
Nice car man, I remember seeing it on MW in the 79-98 picture gallery. I think it looks really clean. One question though, why no tint?

Stylin97V6

Established Member
Jordan_J said:
Nice car man, I remember seeing it on MW in the 79-98 picture gallery. I think it looks really clean. One question though, why no tint?

ive been fighting with the idea of tint ever since i got my car.. yet have never done it.

I think tint looks good on some cars, but the only reason i really like it is so people at red lights cant stare at you. Plus i hate driving at night with tint.

Other than that i think my car looks really clean without tint.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
The think thats looks best IMO is the newer GT logos. Make the whople car look better. Nice ride.

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
I remember seeing you on the V6 boards back when I was rockin one... I always liked that car, cool to see you've upgraded aswell :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread