Pics of my nitrous setup

larryc7777

Established Member
I finally figured out how to upload pics onto my free 10 MB of ISP storage. Here's a few of my nitrous setup.
P2160004.JPG

P2160005.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P2160006.JPG

P2160002.JPG

tunecomp.jpg

Last edited:

venmousracer

Established Member
is that a dry or wet setup? how big of a shot? have you used the nitrious yet? If its a dry setup why are youshooting after the maf, I heard if you run a dry setup shoot before the maf so the maf can compensate. Sorry for so many ? but i am lookin in to a 50 shot. Nice pics. Eddie

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by venmousracer
is that a dry or wet setup? how big of a shot? have you used the nitrious yet? If its a dry setup why are youshooting after the maf, I heard if you run a dry setup shoot before the maf so the maf can compensate. Sorry for so many ? but i am lookin in to a 50 shot. Nice pics. Eddie

It's a dry shot. I'm dynotuned for a size 30 jet. That jet gave me 50 rwhp & 100 rwtq over the standard performance tune. I chose to spray after the MAF because I feel that spraying a SUPERCOLD liquid/gas on a thin heated wire is asking for trouble. That's why I had Brian at Apten give me a special nitrous tune on a new Revolution flip chip when I had my dynotune done there. Since I have a dedicated nitrous tune, I don't HAVE to spray ahead of the MAF. If you plan to do it this way, you will also have to have a flip chip with a custom tune done on the dyno.

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
Does this mean there is a Zex kit made specifically for the 03 Cobra now?

Not as of the time that I purchased this kit. This is more of a universal kit than anything else. I purchased it because I particularly like the ZEX control unit with its built-in solenoid and TPS triggered WOT switch. This kit doesn't even come with a bottle but it did have SS lines, fittings, wiring, ect. The 15 lb bottle came from a different source, just like all of the other components for my system.
My motto is: "Search out the best price for what you need, Buy it, and Build the damn thing yourself.":beer:

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Any word of how it feels on the street? Looks like a very clean setup!

Thanks, It feels VERY strong on the street. Unfortunately, I have my winter wheels & tires on the car right now. Traction is almost non existent!! Even 3rd gear will spin the tires when the N2O hits at 3000 rpm. WOT in 4th gear feels like it pulls as hard as it did in 3rd before.:D

Users who are viewing this thread