Pics of the 650HP 2013 SVT Mustang Shelby GT500 From the 2011 LA Autoshow

need4snake

Banned
I heard its gonna be under $65k. Pricey but still affordable.

That's absolutely ridiculous. NO THANKS! Its still a mustang people. I like my 20K Terminator. All the GT500's are way over priced. Totally ridiculous. Take the stupid Shelby name off there and drop the car down $15K. How much is he getting for putting the name on the car?

Sorry - just irritates me to see a production mustang that is totally out of reach for the middle class. Even the GT's are way over priced IMO.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
That's absolutely ridiculous. NO THANKS! Its still a mustang people. I like my 20K Terminator. All the GT500's are way over priced. Totally ridiculous. Take the stupid Shelby name off there and drop the car down $15K. How much is he getting for putting the name on the car?

Sorry - just irritates me to see a production mustang that is totally out of reach for the middle class. Even the GT's are way over priced IMO.

May push the price of other GT 500's down? Would be nice!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

You are out of your mind! Its not just another cheap mustang. The interior and refinement are close to bmw standards now. They are both(int/ref) far better than the 75k z06 and 100k+ zr1!:eek:

It pulls 1g on the skidpad!
It has better power to weight than the z06!
It has better performance(road course and drag) than the 05 Ford GT and or Ferrari 360!

Dont think of it as a 65k mustang. Think instead of getting a Ford GT at 1/3 of the price!!!:pepper::beer:

Edit:
The term was not 20k, it was 35.5k.
Todays Gt offer better than Terminator performance for less at 31k!
Todays Zl1 costs more than todays GT500 with equal and the zl1 does not have a name on it. There goes your name theory!
The GT500 is not for the middle class the gt is. Its always been like this as Ford has never tried to sell 100k svt mustang units a year! Although I will add a middle class family who does not spend more than it makes can easily purchase a new 13 GT500. 60-65k for the performance of this car is a bargain. Hell you have those who purchase porsche and ferrari looking at this gt500 as their next stable mate!

Last edited:

need4snake

Banned
New GT's offering better than terminator performance?

Stock for Stock they are probably about equal... drop 1K into a terminator with an exhaust, pulley, tune, CAI and buh bye MR. normally aspirated 5-slow

Terminator has a completely forged motor with a totally tuned down Eaton blower on it... there's no comparison. This is exactly why I sold my Mach 1 and refused to buy a GT. A few N/A bolt on's good for maybe 30-40 RWHP and your done... unless you want to break out many many thousands and start building the motor.

I know people throw blowers on N/A cars all the time, but they are ticking time bomb's IMO...

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
New GT's offering better than terminator performance?

Stock for Stock they are probably about equal... drop 1K into a terminator with an exhaust, pulley, tune, CAI and buh bye MR. normally aspirated 5-slow

Terminator has a completely forged motor with a totally tuned down Eaton blower on it... there's no comparison. This is exactly why I sold my Mach 1 and refused to buy a GT. A few N/A bolt on's good for maybe 30-40 RWHP and your done... unless you want to break out many many thousands and start building the motor.

I know people throw blowers on N/A cars all the time, but they are ticking time bomb's IMO...

You don't want to play the money game, when comparing new prices the Terminator will still lose. If you adjust for inflation a Terminator would cost about $39,000-40,000 in today's money. Add your $1,000 in mods and let's just say you're at $40,000 in today's money. That would give you roughly $9,000 to play with on a 2012 base GT to have an equal price.

In actuality you could add a cheap N2O kit and some better tires to a 5.0 and easily beat a pulley, chip, and tune Terminator.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

why is it ridiculous? because you can't afford one? get over it, if ford sells all of them then the price point is dead balls on.

john_anch_ak

Talk about love at first sight!!! That is one beautiful Mustang there. Just like the old days when Ford rolled out all of the then new special model Mustangs. I never thought I'd live to see the day when Ford, and now GM and Chrysler would be making these great new muscle cars again. Of course Ford is leading the way as usual!

Reminds me of when I was 18 and looked under the hood of the 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 CJ I had just purchased from a repo company. :banana:

Too bad I'll never be able to afford one of these beautiful new 2013 Shelbys though.... :(

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
The car is full win here. I wish I had some cash because I would love to get a zero mileage mustang for once in my life.

greengt88

Established Member
I agree, ford hit the nail on the head with this one. I would still wait and see what the 2014's are going to be 1st. 650hp can easily be had on an older gt500, and body upgrades as well. not saying i wouldnt not take one, but i want to see the new platform. I'm really liking the foxbody weight catergory. Won't take much to put something like that in the 10's. just think foxbody with coyote 5.0w/ blower or blown boss motor in a fox. that could very easily do 8's with that sort of power. i'm surer we've all seen what prochargers and vortechs do to boss engine by now. hmmm i may have just come up with something for a future project.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
... I will add a middle class family who does not spend more than it makes can easily purchase a new 13 GT500. 60-65k for the performance of this car is a bargain...

Since the median household income in the US for 2010 (the most recent data available) was $49,445, buying a $55-65k car is, by definition, spending more than they make.

Last edited:

war_machine92

Banned
i KNOW thats not rust i see in the 10th picture,,,, sorry but if i were to EVER pay that much for a NEW car like that,,,, it better be undercoated the right damn way not that cheap shit. such a beautiful car all around though, great powerplant, setting the example once again. but little shit like that rust on the undercarriage,,,, nope. couldnt do it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Since the median household income in the US for 2010 (the most recent data available) was $49,445, buying a $55-65k car is, by definition, spending more than they make.

saving 500 a month for 10 years after expenses and retirement, and you will be good to go! However most car people dont have this type of constraint.

sheenajacks

Great piece of work Ford! In the past few years, American car manufacturers have seen a rebirth of sorts for some of their vintage vehicles, resuscitating classic cars with new features. They've also began an arms race for horsepower, packing the modern street rods with dizzying amounts of power. Chevrolet is launching a 580-horsepower Camaro, and Ford recently disclosed some information on the 2013 Shelby GT Mustang. The brand new Shelby GT will produce 650 horsepower and top 200 miles per hour. I've read the article here: Horsepower arms race is on with 2013 Ford Shelby GT Mustang

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I got lucky to Get a new job after finishing up college, I live in a super low cost of living area, and my wife also works.

If it weren't for any of those 3 factors, I wouldn't even dream of being able to afford one.

Look at the Shelbys back in the 60s, weren't quite "cheap" then either.

Users who are viewing this thread