PJ Saleen - C5 Killa

PACETTR

Established Member
Bad ass car!! With the 5.0 stroker kit and exhaust these cars come with the exhaust note alone sells these cars..... no . We sold two of them here at the dealership I work for and I sold both of them just by starting the car up and letting the people hear them run. I can only imagine how yours sounds with the headers and no cats. :bowdown:

We are going to install a blower on the one customers car in spring.

I don't want to hijack your thread but I was instructing for a Saleen road course event summer a year ago. I had a guy come in with a brand new PJ car. I took him for a couple of laps in an S281SC, he practically begged me to take him out in his car. I finally agreed but told him I wasn't go to run it as hard as I did Sallen's car because I didn't want to break anything. The guys says "LOOK, I bought this car to run it the way it was built to be run... now I want you to run this car as hard as you can or I'll find someone else that will". Needless to say at that point I pushed the car pretty hard. The Saleen suspension package works great. The car is extremely predictable, very well balanced, has good brakes and actually rides decent for it's capabilities. It does lack a little low end grunt off the corners but that's not a biggie.

It's great to see people that buy cars like this and actually run them like they were built to be run. For that I :bowdown:

At the end of our session when we got out of the car and the owner saw all of the brake and tire dust down the sides of the car he said.... "I'm never going to wash this car again, it looks like a race car". LOL

OP I'm envious of your PJ!! Keep ejoying that beautiful car!!

Good story. I have had my car at Hallett for an SVTOA track day. GREAT time. Jeff Lacina thought the car had a nice powerband. It was bone stock at the time. :coolman:

03'Darin

Established Member
Good story. I have had my car at Hallett for an SVTOA track day. GREAT time. Jeff Lacina thought the car had a nice powerband. It was bone stock at the time. :coolman:

Glad to hear you had it out to a road course, where they were designed to be run. The cars are a blast on the road but they really shine on the twist tracks. That Watts link setup on those cars is sweet. The car does have a great powerband over all, that's why I said it wasn't a biggie. I didn't want to come off a couple of the corners at around 5k in this guys new car so I was a gear lower than I should have been. This put the car down around 3k coming off the corner and it just lacks a little grunt right there. Otherwise the car is just a hoot to drive.

PACETTR

Established Member
Glad to hear you had it out to a road course, where they were designed to be run. The cars are a blast on the road but they really shine on the twist tracks. That Watts link setup on those cars is sweet. The car does have a great powerband over all, that's why I said it wasn't a biggie. I didn't want to come off a couple of the corners at around 5k in this guys new car so I was a gear lower than I should have been. This put the car down around 3k coming off the corner and it just lacks a little grunt right there. Otherwise the car is just a hoot to drive.

Yep; 4k is where it really starts to pull. The SS should cure that...:-D

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
That tells me right there the Charger wasn't racing or it was an R/T. Should be a good race when one actually races you provided they either get a decent launch or start in their powerband. Nice car.

How so? are u kidding me, look at the numbers.

srt8 charger

6.1 liter v8 425hp,
4,000 + LBS

automatic

VS

pj mustang
5.0 liter v8 400hp
3,300-3500 lbs
5 speed

power to weight ratio, the mustang has the upper hand sorry to tell u :bash::poke:

mustang is 400-600lbs lighter and its auto vs manual.

This is like corvette vs mustang, corvette always has upper hand cause there so much ligther, look at 03 cobra videos even 100rwhp more 03's dont always beat the corvettes

Last edited:

commando

Established Member
he is 400 RWHP. I believe the SRT's 425 hp rating is at the flywheel and through an automatic you're losing 20%.
Am I wrong here?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
My bone stock 300C SRT-8 ran a 13.0 flat in 85 degree weather @ 109. And it is a 4 door pig w/ 20" wheels. I also was talking on my blue tooth phone option as I made the pass in my 6 way power adjustable memory seats.

Good kill OP

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Most dyno in the 320's stock...

I have been 12.9 @ 108 on stock wheels/tires. Ran an SRT Charger on the highway. Pulled him like he was standing still. I doubt it was modded.

Have run a couple of mildly modded Goats. 5.7 was no contest and I pulled the 6.0 slightly...

It WAS an SRT and he WAS racing. The outcome surprised me as well, but it is what it is...

True, anything can happen on the street.

I know the numbers like the back of my hand. It's not 3300lbs either and his track times and race against the 6.0 GTO tell-all.

he is 400 RWHP. I believe the SRT's 425 hp rating is at the flywheel and through an automatic you're losing 20%.
Am I wrong here?

Same automatic that was in your E55. 16-17.5% loss depending...

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member

srt8 charger

6.1 liter v8 425hp,
4,000 + LBS

automatic

VS

pj mustang
5.0 liter v8 400hp
3,300-3500 lbs
5 speed

power to weight ratio, the mustang has the upper hand sorry to tell u :bash::poke:

mustang is 400-600lbs lighter and its auto vs manual.

This is like corvette vs mustang, corvette always has upper hand cause there so much ligther, look at 03 cobra videos even 100rwhp more 03's dont always beat the corvettes

FWIW my car also has LT's, o/r h-pipe, tune, and aluminium DS.

As I said, the results surprised me as well. I called a buddy right afterwards to brag and that's what we talked about. Seemed odd that it was so ugly. The guy rolled up beside me and rolled down the pass window to say something, but I couldn't hear him. There was someone in the pass seat, and POSSIBLY in the back as well, which could account for some of the diff...

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
i'd love to run into ya PECETTR:D nice lookin' stang. I like that roof on it, reminds me of my Targa except not removable. Very cool:beer:

Last edited:

primetime

Established Member
My bone stock 300C SRT-8 ran a 13.0 flat in 85 degree weather @ 109. And it is a 4 door pig w/ 20" wheels. I also was talking on my blue tooth phone option as I made the pass in my 6 way power adjustable memory seats.

Good kill OP

Were you drinking a latte from Starbucks also?

Users who are viewing this thread