Please Help Me...

fordgasm67

Established Member
Ok before someone thinks I'm bashing KW suspensions or Kenny Brown, I'm not.

Let me start at the beginning... back in August(05) I started to throw the KB catalog at my 03 Cobra; Extreme matrix kit, Rear control arms, Rear shock mounts, Strut tower brace , rear shock tower brace and KW coil overs. Everything arrived in a timely manner, except for the KW's. Apparently something happened and KB was no longer selling KW's?? So I call KW and talk to a very nice gentleman named Glen Messinger, who honors the deal I had with KB. I order the shocks and install the front set immediately. What a difference, even with the "stock" rear stuff. It isn't as harsh a ride as I would have expected. The normal sounds associated with slip-on coil-overs is non-excitant. I couldn't have been happier.

So three weeks later (you know how it goes), we start to install the rear sets. Here is where it gets fun, all the KB stuff fits fine with normal modifications associated with aftermarket suspension components. We swap a rebuilt center section I had and install the rear coil-overs. When I say these things are pretty it's a understatement, they are works of art(see pics). So we adjust the coil's to the middle setting and lower the car off the lift. Now I have an affection for lowered cars, my 67 Fastback is about 3 1/2 in off the ground, but this is ridiculous. So we raise it back up and adjust the spanner all the way up, it's still too low. There is just enough room for my tires to turn and that’s it. So I call and talk to Marcel Horn who is the President for KW Suspensions North America. He asks me to take some measurements of the shocks; full compression, full extension, spring length, etc. He looks for a shock with the specs. that will correct the height problem, no such luck. In KW’s defense they were given the shock specs. from KB. So for the past 4 months I have ben in touch with either Marcel or Glen weekly and I would gladly offer my car to do R&D, but unfortunately I am in Texas and they are in California. So here is our dilemma, KW needs a 03-04 Cobra to do some R&D on. Glen said they would compensate the individual who volunteers their cobra (possibly a free Coil over kit). Their facility is in Fresno, California and the Phone is 1-800-445-3767 ask for Glen Messinger. Please help me, it’s been 5 months since I’ve driven my cobra and it’s killing me to see her sit. I am sure when this all gets sorted out we (03-04 cobra owners) will have another great product at our disposal. Thanks for taking the time to read this I know its long-winded. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to pm or e-mail me.

Thanks guys,

Bryan

fordgasm67

Established Member
Here are some pics. I still need someone to help me out...please.
2005_1025Image0095.JPG
You can see my lack of clearance
2005_1025Image0099.JPG
I had to use the rear brace b/c all the rear weight is supported though the shock mounts now.
2005_1025Image0105.JPG
"helper spring" just keeps the main sping in contact at full extension, this pic is at full compession.
2005_1025Image0112.JPG
Lower shock mount on KB control arm
2005_1025Image0115%20(2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread