POLL: If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

If the U.S. Imposed a Draft, would you Go?

• Absolutely. I love my country!

Votes: 120 42.4%
  • No. I don't believe in fighting in the Middle East?

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Maybe (Explain)

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Yes, but I'm too old.

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Yes, but I have medical issues that would prevent it.

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • What's a Draft?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • yes I would go if drafted but reluctantly

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • No, and I would oppose it. The draft is a direct slap in the face of liberty and freedom.

Votes: 34 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caiviera On

?
Established Member
I don't agree with this war. I believe we are fighting an even worse enemy than we did in Vietnam, stupid towel head Muslims with C4 strapped to themselves running at our troops and blowing up a whole platoon because this is what Allah wants and now he will be considered a hero blah blah blah, and because of this we are fighting a losing battle. We have been over there for how long? What have we accomplished? Saddam is no longer a threat, so what's the hold up? Do we have to wait for all of our brave soldiers to fall before we fall back because I don't know when this war will end...

This country needs to keep it's nose out of other countries business and concentrate on what would truly benefit citizens inthis country like healthcare, restoring jobs to help the economy, etc. I know a few soldiers that have served in Afgan and say they will never go back because of the reasons I have stated above.

I love this country, but not enough to die for a cause I am completely against. Now, if this was WWII I would say yes, because Hitler and the Japanese were a true threat to this country and if we didn't do anything the Germans would have taken over all of Europe and eventually gone after us.

+1

DriveNASCAR

AKA ColdFusion
Established Member
The government won't have to draft me if a war is worth fighting. I'll gladly volunteer. The draft is a form of slavery. Non servium.

bunk22

Established Member
I don't agree with this war. I believe we are fighting an even worse enemy than we did in Vietnam, stupid towel head Muslims with C4 strapped to themselves running at our troops and blowing up a whole platoon because this is what Allah wants and now he will be considered a hero blah blah blah, and because of this we are fighting a losing battle. We have been over there for how long? What have we accomplished? Saddam is no longer a threat, so what's the hold up? Do we have to wait for all of our brave soldiers to fall before we fall back because I don't know when this war will end...

This country needs to keep it's nose out of other countries business and concentrate on what would truly benefit citizens inthis country like healthcare, restoring jobs to help the economy, etc. I know a few soldiers that have served in Afgan and say they will never go back because of the reasons I have stated above.

I love this country, but not enough to die for a cause I am completely against. Now, if this was WWII I would say yes, because Hitler and the Japanese were a true threat to this country and if we didn't do anything the Germans would have taken over all of Europe and eventually gone after us.

Nothing against your views or opinions but I know soldiers who would go back to Afghanistan....which I believe 100% justified.....and Iraq in a heartbeat. I don't think it's because they like war but are soldiers, sailors, etc who are professionals and believe in the cause. Always more than one side to a situation.

Users who are viewing this thread