• broke a syncro

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • broke the detent ball on the shifter

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fastbird86

Established Member
Well, the symptom is whan you put it in first gear to go it pop out of gear and grinds, and it still pops out when holding it in gear.

Now the stock shifter in the car has been screwing up latly because its worn out, it would get hard to put in 1st and 2nd gear one day and be fine the next, noticed later that it only get tough to shift after I power shifter 1st and 2nd, but I will not rule out that I probably f**ked up the transmission.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Probably a bent shift fork, but it could be a lot of other things as well. There are a lot of parts in a transmission just waiting to break.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

-Jeff

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
i had the b&m shifter in my car when i first baught it ( i now have the MGW) and it would do the same thing your saying about 1st gear but in second......so it might be the shifter.......

LSWHAT??

I have a stock shifter if you are interested....... sounds like a messed up synchro to me. When my tranny f%ckd up it was a shift rail (z link) and would go into any gear but always be in first gear.

Sorry to hear that man, I hate T45's!!!

WarrenB

Established Member
If its the stock T-45 just rebuild it with updated, stronger tremec parts or invest in a new tranny... I can tell you now.. its all over for the borg warner.

fastbird86

Established Member
Well if it is the tranny that broke, its good I have a warrenty that covers all internal parts. I noticed just before I found that it would not go into first, I heard a knocking noise coming from underneath the car near the transmission, its the same noise I have been hearing for a couple of weeks. Found that it goes away when I push the clutch in. I am guessing that its and input shaft bearing or something of the sort. It just gets better and better!

If the warrenty company approves the replacement of the trans. I might see if I can go with a T-3650, should bolt up since that what they put in the Machs and new edge N/A Cobras, at least I hope.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You will need the bellhousing for the 3650, other than that it will go in. Not sure of tail shaft spline count, Had to get new DS for the 3550.
Different from the T45.

fastbird86

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
You will need the bellhousing for the 3650, other than that it will go in. Not sure of tail shaft spline count, Had to get new DS for the 3550.
Different from the T45.

thought the bellhousing was made on to transmission for a T3650, just like a T45.

Users who are viewing this thread