Porsche goes down

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Neutral handling cars like these take more driver talent to drive really fast.

You would think the opposite would be true, with such awesome handling cars, but they are very unforgiving of ANY driver error, and you are already going so fast that it is very tough to catch one if it dances out on you. Early 911s are the same way, "The Pendulum Effect". AKA- Polar Moment of inertia.

S2000s and Lotus Elise and Exige and among THE MOST spun off track, of any cars you will see at a track event. That I have seen that is.

Yet without question they are some of the best handling cars out there.

I did not see any of the Cayman guys back one off the two days I ran with them.

A big motor or turbo Cayman and I could get myself into some serious trouble.:beer::rockon::dancenana:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Neutral handling cars like these take more driver talent to drive really fast.

You would think the opposite would be true, with such awesome handling cars, but they are very unforgiving of ANY driver error, and you are already going so fast that it is very tough to catch one if it dances out on you. Early 911s are the same way, "The Pendulum Effect". AKA- Polar Moment of inertia.

S2000s and Lotus Elise and Exige and among THE MOST spun off track, of any cars you will see at a track event. That I have seen that is.

Yet without question they are some of the best handling cars out there.

I did not see any of the Cayman guys back one off the two days I ran with them.

A big motor or turbo Cayman and I could get myself into some serious trouble.:beer::rockon::dancenana:

Surprisingly, another "common" car I see off track are CRX's.... I don't know if people think they can stop quicker than they can or if they under steer worse than people think, but I see them off constantly.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'd love to go to a track and do more than 1/4 mile.. closest thing that I've done is canyon carving.. of course doing that for 50 miles is fun in it's own right... and I wear the outside of my tires out way before the center of them.. always been like that.. even with them over inflated a bit.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I'd love to go to a track and do more than 1/4 mile.. closest thing that I've done is canyon carving.. of course doing that for 50 miles is fun in it's own right...

I personally think it is 1000x better than drag racing. I truly feel, and I am sure Jimmy will agree, that Open Track Racing is like a crack addiction. It is AWESOME!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
well, you get the drag racing thrown in, but a roll race in track racing..

Yep sometimes 10 roll races per lap, corners in between, running for 20 minutes straight, and NO waiting in a staging lane, except at the very beginning with the staggered start. You get your moneys worth.

Nothing like it, you really should try it out.:beer:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Yep sometimes 10 roll races per lap, corners in between, running for 20 minutes straight, and NO waiting in a staging lane, except at the very beginning with the staggered start. You get your moneys worth.

Nothing like it, you really should try it out.:beer:

Jimmy come up here and run! We do 25-30 minute runs, and one group we run in doesn't usually get a lot of people in our group so we even did a 40 minute day of sessions. Four 40 minute runs, THAT was an awesome day. I was exhausted by the end of it though. It is amazing how tiring a day of open-tracking is.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm almost thinking about getting another S2000, and making it a track car.. roll cage etc, keeping stock power, sticky tires, should be a hoot on a track.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I personally think it is 1000x better than drag racing. I truly feel, and I am sure Jimmy will agree, that Open Track Racing is like a crack addiction. It is AWESOME!

Its also 1000x more expensive. :( Im gonna get another car besides the mach and Im thinking about getting something that will be cheap to open track but still fun to drive that has alittle power to it. Im hoping the focus st is successful here, because if it is then ford will most likely bring the Focus RS to the states and that would be one fun car to open track with. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread