Possible new owner!

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
I am going this afternoon to see about trading in my lightning on a Tungsten 06 GT. I love this car. Has everyone been satisfied with their cars?

Black06GT

Established Member
I love mine more everyday. I am suprised to see a L owner trading for one, you guys are a really loyal bunch. Good luck and welcome.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
, it was a hard decision. The truck was stock and has 75000 miles on it. I was getting afraid to mod. Plus I always really wanted a mustang but insurance would never let me. Finally I can and will. They sold the grey one I wanted but Im going back in the morning to pick up a new Torch Red 06. Im already looking at an exhaust. Does anyone have any ideas?

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
How does the Bassani sound. Last Stang I worked on we put a Bassani off road X pipe with Flowmaster mufflers and it sounded wicked! I didnt know if this setup sounded good on the new cars!

Nick85

Banned
I haven't heard it in person but i've only heard good things about Bassani for the 3v.

One exhaust to stay away from for the S-197 is flowmasters.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
probably going with the Bassani Off Road X with the Ford Racing axle back, it has Borla Mufflers. Ive only heard good things about them!

freebass55

Established Member
hemislayer99 said:
probably going with the Bassani Off Road X with the Ford Racing axle back, it has Borla Mufflers. Ive only heard good things about them!

That's a good choice. I went with the flowmsters cause they had a better sound than the others. I know people were complaining that they break, but mine have been on for a year and a half with no problems. The magnaflow were too quiet and not pronounced enough for me. If anything ever goes wrong with these then the Bassani is my next choice. BTW, you really have to listen to the exhaust in person, the sound over the internet just doesn't give the right pitches. You could make a stock setup sound good over the internet.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Im ordering the Bassani O/R X. I think Im going to go with the Flowmasters first because I know a guy who can just weld them in for relatively cheap. Do you like your combo?

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Do you have cats? Ive heard that the stingers without cats pop really bad. I cant make up my mind. I heard a sound clip of a mustang with a catted X pipe and Borla Stingers and it sounded wicked. I might have to look into that now. Where did you buy them and what was the price?

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Sounds awesome man! Thats with the stock midpipe!?! What a difference! How is the fit and quality of the FRPP kit. Also where did you buy it? How much did you pay?

adamb258

Established Member
Well that video has a clip of frpp with stock midpipe and then later its frpp with upr o/r X pipe

frpp fit fine except the passenger side pipe needed to be adjusted(didnt sit straigt enough for me) cost me $15 at a local muffler shop to bend it with a torch

i paid $330 + shipping at john bleakley ford back a while ago btu i think their prices have since gone up. I got the X pipe from a local shop for $180

Users who are viewing this thread