Post your aftermarket wings/spoilers

fast4v

Established Member
Wasen't a big fan of the laguna secs spoiler at first, but once i lowered the car it just flows so perfect.
OP, good choice on the RTR spoiler. It will look killer!!

Jroc

Established Member
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with the clean looks of the OEM Boss wings? The only unattractive piece on the Boss is the factory base model wheels. I guess you could say the color options on the 12 LS models left something to be desired, but overall a 12/13 Boss 302 is a great looking car IMO that needs little help in the looks department. If I had a Boss a drop and some good looking wheels would likely be as far as I'd go with it in the cosmetic department. Well and some tint.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with the clean looks of the OEM Boss wings? The only unattractive piece on the Boss is the factory base model wheels. I guess you could say the color options on the 12 LS models left something to be desired, but overall a 12/13 Boss 302 is a great looking car IMO that needs little help in the looks department. If I had a Boss a drop and some good looking wheels would likely be as far as I'd go with it in the cosmetic department. Well and some tint.

I personally dont like the fact that my car can be mistaken for a V6 from behind (2012's even more so since all models had the same rear valence). My whole rear is in the process of a complete make over. I just have to wait for them in the mail and order 1 or 2 more parts.

My set-up will be as follows: RTR spoiler (on its way), RTR license plate surround (still shopping for a good price), RTR decklid (still deciding if I should get and paint matte black), GT500 valance, roush rear side splitters and Kooks ceramic black quad tips (ordered and currently being made). And possibly an MMD matte tail light trim depending if I get the RTR decklid

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I personally dont like the fact that my car can be mistaken for a V6 from behind (2012's even more so since all models had the same rear valence). My whole rear is in the process of a complete make over. I just have to wait for them in the mail and order 1 or 2 more parts.

My set-up will be as follows: RTR spoiler (on its way), RTR license plate surround (still shopping for a good price), RTR decklid (still deciding if I should get and paint matte black), GT500 valance, roush rear side splitters and Kooks ceramic black quad tips (ordered and currently being made). And possibly an MMD matte tail light trim depending if I get the RTR decklid

uhm...maybe I am misunderstanding, but my rear valence is different than the 11-12 GT/V6. Only thing in the rear besides the different colored spoiler that says it is a Boss.

Just hard to tell from that alone. Most people look at the faux gas cap. Which makes us look like a V6 with some cosmetic mods.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
uhm...maybe I am misunderstanding, but my rear valence is different than the 11-12 GT/V6. Only thing in the rear besides the different colored spoiler that says it is a Boss.

Just hard to tell from that alone. Most people look at the faux gas cap. Which makes us look like a V6 with some cosmetic mods.
My mistake I thought Boss/GT500/GT/V6 all had the same rear valence. Feeding from your last sentence, this guy in a Challenger RT approached me last fall (when my car was practically stock exterior wise)and asked how my MPG was. Assuming he heard my loud car pull into the parking garage I thought it was a question that was going to lead to what kind of V8, mods and yada yada. So I say, "mixed with highway and city driving I average about 17MPG." He smirked and said, "Fail on Ford's part. The new V6's are supposed to get nearly 30MPG man..." LOL. He went on to talk about his RT and how he eats V6's all day. I just played along at that point and he still thinks I drive a V6. Wouldnt mind catching him at a stop light sometime...

86Fbody

Established Member
My mistake I thought Boss/GT500/GT/V6 all had the same rear valence. Feeding from your last sentence, this guy in a Challenger RT approached me last fall (when my car was practically stock exterior wise)and asked how my MPG was. Assuming he heard my loud car pull into the parking garage I thought it was a question that was going to lead to what kind of V8, mods and yada yada. So I say, "mixed with highway and city driving I average about 17MPG." He smirked and said, "Fail on Ford's part. The new V6's are supposed to get nearly 30MPG man..." LOL. He went on to talk about his RT and how he eats V6's all day. I just played along at that point and he still thinks I drive a V6. Wouldnt mind catching him at a stop light sometime...

Gotta love people who drive cars but know absolutely nothing about them. I had a guy start talking to me about my car and my fathers, which is setup for road racing, he then went on to ask how I liked the difference between mine and his, since mine is "setup for drag racing" I went along with that also.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
RTR
12914438684_92d5b947c3_z.jpg

12914119393_6b4fc2c4b2_z.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks good! Its really the best looking wing for our cars. Its a touch thin looking on the profile, but that really does work.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member

ok... sooo...... uhhh.... please stop stealing my ideas. :)

Love,
Rob

20140424_165657_zpskahbqb1x.jpg

20140424_165639_zps0y93cxxy.jpg

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Guilty as charged. When you posted a thread of your cars I was set on a similar rear set-up as you. Only difference is a trucarbon decklid and RTR spoiler

ford20

Established Member

Mine doesn't get mistaken for a V6 because it has some squiggly weird ass circle with letters on it lol

Guilty as charged. When you posted a thread of your cars I was set on a similar rear set-up as you. Only difference is a trucarbon decklid and RTR spoiler

Did you get a trucarbon decklid?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
^ yeah I got the trucarbon decklid to match the trucarbon hood vents and mirror covers.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
i still havent decided if im gonna leave stock spoiler or go RTR... i love the RTR in some pictures and in others i don't.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I'm with you Hellfire.... When in doubt, do without....

Users who are viewing this thread