Post your FOX BODIES!!

TuffyMan

Established Member
T-birdcobramix said:
what caused all that mayhem on the old motor?

It was a Saturday. The sky was blue and it was hot as hell. I needed a part for one of my customers cars. The part was at a dealer about an hour away. I decided to take the Notch to fetch the part. All was well untill I got to an area where there was nothing but road (Ocala National Forest); the cell phone didn't even work. The radio was turned up and the ac was full blast. I happend to glance at the gauges and noticed that the oil pressure was zero. At first I thought that the sender went bad. I turned off the radio so I could hear the motor. The motor sounded good for about one more minute. I had to make a decision at that point. Choice 1) shut it down and walk (cell phone not working) Choice 2) drive until I got cell phone signal and call for help. I chose 2. I did not want to walk in 100 degree heat for 15 miles. It just was not worth it. I had plans for the new motor anyway. I broke #1 and #2 rod clean from the crank and when I finally got to a place to make a call the engine was still running. I shut it off. I wasn't running well but it got me where I wanted to go. Blue Oval forever baby.

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
TuffyMan said:
It was a Saturday. The sky was blue and it was hot as hell. I needed a part for one of my customers cars. The part was at a dealer about an hour away. I decided to take the Notch to fetch the part. All was well untill I got to an area where there was nothing but road (Ocala National Forest); the cell phone didn't even work. The radio was turned up and the ac was full blast. I happend to glance at the gauges and noticed that the oil pressure was zero. At first I thought that the sender went bad. I turned off the radio so I could hear the motor. The motor sounded good for about one more minute. I had to make a decision at that point. Choice 1) shut it down and walk (cell phone not working) Choice 2) drive until I got cell phone signal and call for help. I chose 2. I did not want to walk in 100 degree heat for 15 miles. It just was not worth it. I had plans for the new motor anyway. I broke #1 and #2 rod clean from the crank and when I finally got to a place to make a call the engine was still running. I shut it off. I wasn't running well but it got me where I wanted to go. Blue Oval forever baby.

thats a great story but sad! so the oil pump just went? how many miles were on the motor?

03cobraracer

Established Member
tuffyman new setup looks badass.. what headstuds did u end up using and do u happen to have a part number? i know the boss block takes a differnt size then normal blocks. and did u have to have the heads drilled for them to pass through them? im hopefully getting my boss block for my notch soon.. im not even gonna play around with a stock block..

TuffyMan

Established Member
03cobraracer said:
tuffyman new setup looks badass.. what headstuds did u end up using and do u happen to have a part number? i know the boss block takes a differnt size then normal blocks. and did u have to have the heads drilled for them to pass through them? im hopefully getting my boss block for my notch soon.. im not even gonna play around with a stock block..
I'm using AFR #1389 with spring/valve upgrade. These heads were designed for the 351 windsor that use a 1/2 inch head bolt. No I did not have to drill. The head studs are standard 1/2 inch 351 spec. PN 154-4003. The holes in the new boss block are extra deep so you will have to adjust the height of the studs. "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords" have a Boss 347 project you should look at. They are using the same head studs that I am. Lol. they had to drill their heads though. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/projectcars/mmfp_0708_project_1993_ford_svt_cobra_boss_engine/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread