Powerpipe or.....

b00sted4v

Established Member
i'd always prefer a powerpipe because then you can vent the bypass back to it and quiet the car a little...

and it still sounds like a jet (look at youtube link in my sig)

sounds nice! wish my s-trim sounded like that. Think its time to buy a novi 2000 or go with a race version t-trim

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
This looks like a cool idea, but I'm hesitant to recommend it. In most cases, the filter will be right behind the radiator, which is one of the worst places it can be on a street driven vehicle. On a drag car, it's cool because the car hasn't had much time to heat up before the pass is over.

I'm not surprised to hear that this setup might make more boost. Of course, it all depends on the air filter you choose, but holding the air filters constant, it'll almost always make more boost because the air from under the hood is much hotter than the air from inside the fenderwell. Hotter air takes up more volume. It'll increase the likelihood of detonation on a street driven car.. especially sitting in traffic in the summer.

Of course, I could be wrong. It would be cool to see a IAT and flow comparison.

Homer

sb04gt

Established Member
Here is the powerpipe I rigged up for my car procharger setup. Instead of going through the hassel of going into the fender, i decided to put the filter behind the headlight. If I decide to go to the track i will simply pull the headlight out and it will be a straight shot right to the filter. I used gray on the pipe itself for heat soak purposes.

ngu2h2.jpg

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
^^^ nice... im going to throw a filter on my shit and call it a day. if it doesnt wrk i can just have my buddy fab up that pipe

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Here is the powerpipe I rigged up for my car procharger setup. Instead of going through the hassel of going into the fender, i decided to put the filter behind the headlight. If I decide to go to the track i will simply pull the headlight out and it will be a straight shot right to the filter. I used gray on the pipe itself for heat soak purposes.

ngu2h2.jpg

That's a nice setup. Way nicer and larger than the factory procharger pipe. Easy to fabricate too!

Homer

sb04gt

Established Member
Thanks guys. It wasn't bad at all to fab up. I went to my local exhaust shop that a buddy of mine owns and got a slightly bend piece of 4 in stainless pipe and cut it to fit. I then went to a local truck shop that just so happened to have a 4 in 90 degree elbow. I also used the filter off of my old jlt intake that I had laying around. I have 20 dollars in the setup right now lol. It was a very tight fit though. Back to tjhe dyno on monday with the pipe and new fuel pump. Ill keep yall updated on the improvement.

Helomech74

Established Member
Here is my inlet pipe that I made using a couple of aluminum bends and some 4 ply thick couplers. Works pretty damn well.
DSC00288.gif

I'm not too keen on the filter only setup personally.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
looks good fellas. cant wait for saturday. gonna be installing long tube headers, eblebrock intake and fuel rails, and blower/supporting mods...

Users who are viewing this thread