Pricing?(2004 Mystichrome Vert / No mods, one owner, 64K miles

Colleton

Established Member
A local dealership has a 2004 Mystichrome Vert for sale. No mods, one owner, 64K miles. A few scratches on the paint, but the car is in good shape.

They are asking 29K. I'm thinking this is a bit high, but maybe it being a vert and having that paint color adds value?

Thanks for the help.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
yea, that seems pretty high. My 03 cobra with 39k miles i got it for less than 20k...but it is a mystic and a 04 and a dealership so they mark stuff way up! I wouldnt pay for than 23k for that...if that...GL

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
IMO, Terrible deal...car's worth 20 max in my opinion if that...
64K miles does not equal $29,000
Where are you in NW FL?

Satyr

Established Member
lol @ that price.
i paid less for my mystichrome convertible with 20k miles 2 years ago...thousands less. and the car was mint.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
A local dealership has a 2004 Mystichrome Vert for sale. No mods, one owner, 64K miles. A few scratches on the paint, but the car is in good shape.

They are asking 29K. I'm thinking this is a bit high, but maybe it being a vert and having that paint color adds value?

Thanks for the help.

Run don't walk away from that deal! That car is not worth more than 18-20k at the most!

also go to KBB.com should tell you what its worth

:lol:

Mulldune

Established Member
I'd feel comfortable giving about 20k for it.29 seems a little on the high side

cbr repsol

Established Member
i would pay 18-20k max....for 29k you can get a really low mile modded terminator. Something like 04sleepers old car for an example.

Black2010

Established Member
I know someone who just bought one with 31k miles, vert and completely stock, for $24k.

That is worth < $20k

I just bought my mystichrome with 14K miles on it being 100% stock and no paint blems for $27K out the door.

Those saying $18-$20K are a little optimistic as a buyer in my oppinion as I barely saw non-mystichromes with that many miles being asked for less then $20K on this site or especially at dealers. You'll find some with 60K miles for less than $20K but good luck finding it in mystichrome and a vert.

Check out this dealer. A lot of good reviews here (I have no exp with) but they have 2 mystichromes for less than that. One with 30K miles for $24K and one with 15K miles for $25K. The one with 15K miles was one I was looking at as it was really clean. The guy only wanted $21K for it but I walked as I knew it was in at least a front end collision as the emblems were on backwards (now fixed).

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I just bought my mystichrome with 14K miles on it being 100% stock and no paint blems for $27K out the door.

Those saying $18-$20K are a little optimistic as a buyer in my oppinion as I barely saw non-mystichromes with that many miles being asked for less then $20K on this site or especially at dealers. You'll find some with 60K miles for less than $20K but good luck finding it in mystichrome and a vert.

Check out this dealer. A lot of good reviews here (I have no exp with) but they have 2 mystichromes for less than that. One with 30K miles for $24K and one with 15K miles for $25K. The one with 15K miles was one I was looking at as it was really clean. The guy only wanted $21K for it but I walked as I knew it was in at least a front end collision as the emblems were on backwards (now fixed).

Mystichrome was not very limited and regardless it has 64k miles. That alone puts it well at the bottom as far as value is concerned.

Black2010

Established Member
I never saw one for less than $20K unless it had some paint flaws, mechanical issues or substantial driver seat wear. I looked for over a year and best I found was $21.5K for a lower milage one that had been in a front end accident. This one would probally be a good candidate for that low $20K range but I just don't see it going for $18K's.

As for limited - Less than 500 (convertibles) ever built is pretty limited. If you are talking about overall production run of 04 you would be right as it was one of the most popular but if you are looking at over 03 and 04 it's pretty rare but any car that has less than 500 ever made in my eyes is limited.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Funny reading some of these responses.

The car is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. That is the bottom line. It is your money and you need to be happy. If it won't make you happy paying that, there is your answer.

That said, of course there is reasoning with what others have to say and what the market is bringing. The used car market has been going up in value. My BMW is worth more than what I paid for it 1.5yrs ago and I have put 35k miles on it as a DD.

I mystichrome I am parting out because it was totalled, the insurance company paid the guy $27k for it. It has 40k miles on it and is a coupe.

So yeah, the 69k miles on this vert does bring the cost down for sure. But based on the market and what people are getting for cars, I highly doubt you would find something similar for under $20k right now. If so, it is because someone just wants to unload it for a quick sale. 2-3 years ago you could find a bunch for 17-20k in very good shape, but they are rare these days for anything in good condition.

There are people who have paid $28k+ for these cars recently. I am definitely not complaining that they still pull good money, but I personally think they are worth more in the $25k range realistically.

Users who are viewing this thread