Prochamber is in.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
according the link above, you gain 23hp wit this thing?? Has anyone actually dyno'd one of these independently?

I brought this up with the last guy that posted about one of these when installing on his Boss. If you read the whole description you will see this blurb:

"Chassis Dyno Figures on MAC® Pro Chamber as Tested in the March 1997 Issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine. Horse Power is Rear Wheel Horse Power not Crank!"

So this is a company that hasn't done any new product testing in over 15 years. Really makes you want to trust them and the parts they are selling for your car.:rollseyes

BigTony

Established Member
I brought this up with the last guy that posted about one of these when installing on his Boss. If you read the whole description you will see this blurb:

"Chassis Dyno Figures on MAC® Pro Chamber as Tested in the March 1997 Issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine. Horse Power is Rear Wheel Horse Power not Crank!"

So this is a company that hasn't done any new product testing in over 15 years. Really makes you want to trust them and the parts they are selling for your car.:rollseyes

hahaha....wow didn't even see that, thats um.....ridiculous.

NTXRockr

Established Member
That looks like crap on the inside...the Flowpath axlebacks are a little better (I have them) but look like they were built in the Soviet Union versus an American aftermarket company. I didn't have any fitment issues except the rear hanger on the right muffler has the tip dropped down a little too much even after adjusting them several times. However, despite the build quality issues these sound great! There is very little drone and when WOT they give a nice deep growl that really sounds nice past 4k. I looked into these for a deeper tone as I didn't want to go with Roush AB (hundreds already have vids on Youtube, just two for Mac) and did not like the poppiness and tinny sounded muffler deletes that Magnaflow and the other big names were selling.

All in all, I got them for under $400 with shipping and they fit the bill pretty well, I can deal with the appearance issue being well hidden under the car...now I'm debating deleting the resonators to try and gain some volume but am worried about the small amount of drone increasing dramatically if I do.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
That looks like crap on the inside...the Flowpath axlebacks are a little better (I have them) but look like they were built in the Soviet Union versus an American aftermarket company. I didn't have any fitment issues except the rear hanger on the right muffler has the tip dropped down a little too much even after adjusting them several times. However, despite the build quality issues these sound great! There is very little drone and when WOT they give a nice deep growl that really sounds nice past 4k. I looked into these for a deeper tone as I didn't want to go with Roush AB (hundreds already have vids on Youtube, just two for Mac) and did not like the poppiness and tinny sounded muffler deletes that Magnaflow and the other big names were selling.

All in all, I got them for under $400 with shipping and they fit the bill pretty well, I can deal with the appearance issue being well hidden under the car...now I'm debating deleting the resonators to try and gain some volume but am worried about the small amount of drone increasing dramatically if I do.

DON'T remove the resonators with the MACs. I had my resonators deleted and I put the MACs on (you probably saw my videos) and I took them off immediately. I have never experienced drone like that, it was physically painful upon startup. Yeah, that bad. Leave the resonators in, or go to a different muffler.

Mike

Nuar

Established Member
There were only two reasons why I bought the pipe. The sound, curiosity got the best of me lol, and hopes of mellowing out the drone of my catback. I love the way the catback sounds, but I could do without the drone.
I'm gonna hit up a dyno tomorrow hopefully and i'll get a base line for my car. Then i'll try to do another dyno after the pipe soon after. (weather allowing)

Nuar

Established Member
Got the pipe on, fired the car up and immediately i noticed it got more quiet... so i think it would do what i wanted it for.... however... it leaked everywhere. Only the driver side of the prochamber to the cat pipe connection sealed up right. The band clamps didn't even clamp down on the pipe enough to seal up the catback to the prochamber.
So in short, it fit exactly like i expected it to... like shit.
Gonna email Manny at Mac on Monday and request my money back. Hope at least THAT will go smooth... very very disappointing. I really wanted to make this work :/

thezfunk

Established Member
Got the pipe on, fired the car up and immediately i noticed it got more quiet... so i think it would do what i wanted it for.... however... it leaked everywhere. Only the driver side of the prochamber to the cat pipe connection sealed up right. The band clamps didn't even clamp down on the pipe enough to seal up the catback to the prochamber.
So in short, it fit exactly like i expected it to... like shit.
Gonna email Manny at Mac on Monday and request my money back. Hope at least THAT will go smooth... very very disappointing. I really wanted to make this work :/

Whatever happened with this?

Nuar

Established Member
Not a damn thing man.
I sent that crappy pipe back and i got my money refunded.

They might be better now, i see that American Muscle is selling the prochambers now as well, which might be a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread