Procharger IAT's after 1/4 pass

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
What are you seeing? My car has high IAT's in the 180-190 range at the end of a pass (low 50's ambient temp). The car goes flat due to reduced timing. I have a D1SC w Stage II cooler and 4.13 pulley. I see about 12 psi at 7100 on a 9.5:1 Aluminator. I need to get these temps down. I can put a larger pulley and up timing, buy that expensive ass race cooler or try water/meth injection. Any one running water/meth injection with the Stage II? What about placement of the MAF/IAT sensor since it is in the intercooler?

Last edited:

Jdm351

Established Member
That is super high. they should be maybe 20-30 over ambient and that is a very liberal estimate. I assume you have adequate air flow across the intercooler. What do you see in normal driving?

I only can guess that drawing in the hot underhood air with the way the procharger intake is engineered is killing it.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Why don't you get an aftermarket intercooler. Those procharger coolers are expensive as hell.

BV600

Established Member
Thats pretty high, My D1SC car never got above 130s in the summer heat in texas. I did do a different intake setup with bigger filter that sat directly under the hood vent and sucked air from there.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a d1sc with a 3.90 pulley, wastegate at 10psi, and meth injection. I have a feeling my car is getting hot at the end of a drag strip pass. It would normally pick up 29-30mph from 1/8th to 1/4 but after the wastegate it dropped to 26mph.

I have no logs to tell me my iat's but OP's post has me wondering now.

Vikyank

Established Member
I have a p1 only on 8 psi shifting at 7,000 with the crappy standard intercooler and im seeing iat's of around 160-170 as I'm crossing the line so I feel your pain. I will be going over to E85 this year to help cool down the air coming into the cylinders. I would suggest possibly running corn to help if you're not trying to change anything else in your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread