Proving once again that Dark Shadow Grey is the fastest

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
Had a great turnout at Carly and my wedding this weekend. Was alot of fun and went very smooth.

Despite temps being in the high 90s (98 to be exact), and density altitude up close to the 3700ft range, the DSG lightning still managed to knock off a couple of 13.3s at over 103mph. Done in 100% street trim. Nothing removed. Tires still at 35psi front and rear, and even a Mt.Dew in the center council to keep me company.

I grudge matched agains Jason (Retics4me) and had him tell me exactly what my licsense plate says (only have it on the rear). Two times in a row.

I also had my new wife Carly take the truck down against Cobra-R's (Brian) new 03 ZO6, and if it wasnt for a poor 60' time, she would have had him all the way through. But still managed a 13.5 to his 13.3, and we have video of him chasing her nearly the entire 1320ft.

Alot of other L owners showed up, and it was great to meet them and see them run down the track. Many of them for the first time, and I know they realy enjoyed it, and will for sure be back.

retics4me

Established Member
It was your special day Casey . I had to let you win . What kind of a guy would I be if i let the Groom loose?
I thought For sure id run better than 13.4 but that heat was killer .Traction was my big problem ! Must be all of that power im making? Cedar Falls in about a month and youll be reading my plates !;-)

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Awesome times for the weather and a stock truck. That is impressive to say the least. So what does your license plate say>??? -Mat-

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
I ran a 13.3 w/ 3/4 tank and full street trim and a Leer 700 cover at exactly 103. What was your 60'.. WHITE LIGHTNINGs Are the QWIKEST

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
60's were in the 2.1xs My truck is not stock, it has a 4# lower and exaust. It went 13.5 @ 101mph with stock in the high 70s for temp.

I see no reason with good weather my truck wouldnt have gone 13.1s-13.2s stock.

But I assure you with a 3700ft density altitude.. NO Lightning would have gone 13.3s stock....I would put money on that given the conditions saturday, that no stock truck would have gone faster than a 13.8.

Nearly every stock Lightning out there was running 14.2-s14.4s at around 97-98mph. It was just plain killer.

Just look how far off pace everyone was at the Nationals on saturday.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
I have noticed that running over a 1/2 tank of gas has helped my 60' time. So far my best 60' has been 1.909 w/ F1s. Traction bars are next and a lighter rear bumper.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Geezus christ how are you guys running those times..and at 3700 feet elevation. I heard the rumor the 03's were faster but damn. Sweet you got me by over .8th's and almost 6mph. I swear to god if thing doesnt go faster im cooler weather im not putting a damn dime into it. MY 02 Gt 5spd was fatser bone stock than this damn truck is...its bone stock also but damn. Sorry to rain on the parade guys im just not happy at all.

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
H46D, I was able to knock off a 1.89 on my F1s on my one of my 12.9x passes (in around 80 degrees) a previous outting at the track.

If the temps are right, and its not to blazingly hot, the F1s can bite pretty darn good.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Sweet35th

I also had my new wife Carly take the truck down against Cobra-R's (Brian) new 03 ZO6, and if it wasnt for a poor 60' time, she would have had him all the way through. But still managed a 13.5 to his 13.3, and we have video of him chasing her nearly the entire 1320ft.

Actually, you better look at the video again (if you got it) Carly actually beat me. She got me so bad off the line, I know her win light came on, so technically you license plate still hold true. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Congrats to you two, it was great sharing in your special day.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread