PSA for those who wash their engine

_Satch_

Established Member
Morning all, just a little PSA for those who wash their engines down with water. I usually do this at the beginning of the year after I get my car out from winter storage. I like to get the oxidation off the aluminum before it gets baked on. I spray the motor down with a light coat of S100 and use a soft bristle brush to scrub the oxidation off, then hose it down with a light shower mist from my hose. This is where the problem comes in! I've been chasing down a high RPM miss for almost a year. It comes and goes... It started missing around 6500 rpm originally, but recently it has moved down to just around 5500 rpm's when the engine gets a miss. Well, I decided to swap out plugs just to see if that would remedy it, and when I got to the rear most plug on the passenger side the spark plug bore had quite a bit of water in it... All the other plugs looked fine except for the one that had moisture down at the spark plug boot connection.
Long story short... If you wash your engine down it might be worth pulling the coil cover off and drying things out in there!
Sorry for the LONG READ!
-Satch

Users who are viewing this thread