Puddle lights?

Colleton

Established Member
Do the '13 GT500s have the puddle lights on the side view mirrors? Someone at work asked about it and I haven't paid enough attention to notice.

farmboy90

Established Member
Nope. The wiring harness is exactly the same as on the GTs that have that package though, so you can easily do a straight swap of the side view mirrors if you want to add puddle lamps to the Shelby.

I'd do it, but I am waiting for someone to change the image to a Cobra instead of the running mustang.

91svtbird

Established Member
There is a rumor going around that the 14' GT500 may get the puddle lights...dunno if it is true or not.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Nope. The wiring harness is exactly the same as on the GTs that have that package though, so you can easily do a straight swap of the side view mirrors if you want to add puddle lamps to the Shelby.

I'd do it, but I am waiting for someone to change the image to a Cobra instead of the running mustang.

I hope they do make something like that available. :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Why not just do it yourself?

Here's an example of a car that (you'll have to figure out who) did for a promotional Red Tails Mustang...

IMG_3026.jpg

Ford - AirVenture 2012 PR site Red Tails Mustang Young Eagles Auction

The Blue Angels Mustang...

2012-ford-mustang-gt-blue-angels-puddle-light.jpg

More...
Nope. No more.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Contact Gary or Chris at CreationsnChrome. I provided links to other places that deal with custom PL's as well...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They do custom work.

If you want to install the factory pl's on your GT500 try contacting Madlock, a member here. He added them to his 2013 GT500.

Among other things he did, he listed two part numbers that helped to make it work.

DR3Z17682DA
DR3Z17683DA

shelbysvt

Established Member
I like the lights on the actual mirror like how mercedes and audi has it on that blue angles mustang

USV8PWR

Established Member
I loved the puddle lights and wish our Shelby's had them. I got some flack a few months ago for saying that, but it's a very cool feature (especially with the females) and there is no reason Ford couldn't have made them project a Cobra for our Shelby's. Anyway, not having Cobra puddle lights is one of the very few things I am unhappy with about the car.

blackshelby

Contact Gary or Chris at CreationsnChrome. I provided links to other places that deal with custom PL's as well...

Tob,

thanks for the info.

But your breaking your own rules.......
Funny how you can comment on a non paying vendor and add links but nobody else is allowed too.

You should practice what you preach or allow others to do exactly what you just did.

This site is becoming a one way street.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't break my own rules. Do you see me posting a phone number for CnC, such as you did for your throttle body?

Furthermore, are there any vendors on this site that sell puddle lamp custom pieces that I have somehow trampled upon? If there are let me know.

You on the other hand posted up a phone number to a non supporting vendor for a throttle body. Throttle bodies are big business for a number of paid vendors on here.

No need to be derisive. Become a paid vendor here and sell all the custom puddle lamps you want. You'd be the first.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I knew it...

But for Jimmy's sake, any and all links to companies that have been involved in builds that had custom puddle lamp work done, shall be removed.

Phone numbers were not directly posted, as Jimmy did for his throttle bodies.

blackshelby

I don't break my own rules. Do you see me posting a phone number for CnC, such as you did for your throttle body?

Furthermore, are there any vendors on this site that sell puddle lamp custom pieces that I have somehow trampled upon? If there are let me know.

You on the other hand posted up a phone number to a non supporting vendor for a throttle body. Throttle bodies are big business for a number of paid vendors on here.

No need to be derisive. Become a paid vendor here and sell all the custom puddle lamps you want. You'd be the first.

LOL almost what I expected from you.
The world according to Tob.
Funny I thought you always were about bringing good info and facts to this site.

I see those days are long gone its all about who you want to protect now or what info you want to hide or sweep away..... it very clear.

First its not my throttle body............... I dont' make them or sell them. Haven't been a part of it in almost two years now. So that statement you are making about it being mine is false.
Why would I want to be a vendor if I DO NOT sell anything???????? Something you and others refuse to see, but its a great excuse for you to remove my and or others post you don't like...
I should become a vendor just so my post don't get deleleted or changed, better yet without even being notified.
I don't sell parts or try too.... I only offer real info......
So if you didn't like the phone number for the company posted who makes and sells them, you could have just removed the phone number but to take all the info down where someone is stating they are not made is plain wrong and giving all on this site false and incorrect information.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This was a puddle lamp thread, plain and simple. Bang up job mucking it up Jimmy.

Personally, yes, I am all about information. I enjoy bringing the tech whenever I can. As a moderator, I'm expected to perform a few functions. One of them is to adhere to the site owner's rules.

I really don't care about your involvement in the throttle body business, but paying vendors on this site do. Hence, you directing SVTP members to someone that sells throttle bodies (whether you are involved with them or not) that isn't a supporting vendor doesn't fly. If you'd like to pontificate on the history of your throttle body business, a puddle lamp thread probably isn't the best location.

Good luck with future business endeavors.

Users who are viewing this thread