pulley combos for 3.4

lightning666

Established Member
I'm running the stock upper and that smaller than stock pulley from lfp, but i'm looking to make about 2 more lbs of boost as this blower just doesnt seem to be alive at about 15lbs . Would switching to the stock lower get me there? What other combos are you guys running and how much boost you making?

I'D WIN

Established Member
I was just going to ask the same thing.

Also, I would like to know what belt sizes with what pulley combo's are being used.

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Stock lower with the 3.5" upper gets me a solid 18#s.. This is with ported heads,Comp cams,Dynatech headers with no cats..Magnaflow dual in dual out muffler. Using a 69" belt with a MP idler bracket..

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Thanks Jeff.

I am going to do 3.5" upper and a 4# lower and MP bracket.

:bowdown: That's some major boost..I had a 4lb(8.5") with the 3.5" upper and I saw 24/25 psi before I had to bail when it was on the dyno.. I ran out of fuel at 5k or so and saw 717hp at that point..These 3.4's will push some air..:beer:..:rockon:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Like I said I ran out of fuel:cryying: at 5K with a 4lb lower and the 3.5". Walbro 255's,60's and stock rails..

My entire fuel system has been upgraded with a standalone tank. Beforehand though, I am gonna switch it up again slightly and run a 10AN line off the tank to the Y block and 8AN lines to each fuel rail. Only difference is a larger diameter feed line. I know eventually I will need some larger injectors though.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I have been wondering the same thing. The MM&FF article shows them running out of fuel with 60's 255's and stock rails around 715. I have a 4lb lower, would like to make some tq and then get the hp maxed.

04Black

Established Member
I have been wondering the same thing. The MM&FF article shows them running out of fuel with 60's 255's and stock rails around 715. I have a 4lb lower, would like to make some tq and then get the hp maxed.

Did anyone really notice the difference from the June & July MM&FF when they upgraded the pumps, rails and regulator from the June issue--they only made 4 more HP and 13 ft lbs of TQ by raising the boost 4 lbs. The July article never revealed the A/F either. :shrug:
IMO, it seems that they ran out of fuel again.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Yea I noticed that they didn't make anything crazy compared to where they started. Didn't the truck make like mid 600's with the older blower?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
With the 2.3 it made 669 rwhp w/ 21 lbs of boost, 18 degrees & C16

Yea, I pretty much think i'm going to save the money and buy a used blower since i'd be fine making upper 500's and spend it on suspension and other parts to get the power to the ground.

04Black

Established Member
Yea I noticed that they didn't make anything crazy compared to where they started. Didn't the truck make like mid 600's with the older blower?

Some are getting closer in setting up the proper fuel system to harvest the HP that the 3.4 has to offer---it's only a matter of time & $$$$.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Looks like Whippy sent a 4" upper instead of the usual 3.5". SO, it will be a 4" upper and a 4# lower. Any ideas on how much boost we should see?

Belt length with a MP brace installed?

I'D WIN

Established Member
According to Mike at Whipple, it should be about 20-22# depending on the supporting mods.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Nice, I would be having this with stage 2 heads and 2.5 cams with stock exhaust, only the rear cats deleted and a flowmaster muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread